What day do YOU consider the first day of flower?

Not really much to it…

What day do you consider the first day of flower?

A.) When you flip to 12/12?

B.) When pistils begin protruding from the node calyxes?

Or

C.) When pistils beging to protruding from actual flowering points?

Just curious to different opinions of it.

8 Likes

When I see pistils developing at the tips of the plant.

8 Likes

When i see the first pistols on autos

5 Likes

Usually when q tips form. Bout 10-14 days after the light flip for me.

:v:

9 Likes

When pistils appear, which is usually 1.5 weeks from switching light schedule.

10 Likes

You can flip your lights to 12/12 whenever you want after a photo period is sexually mature. Some do anywhere from 60-100day veg periods before they flip. And depending on how much height you have. I flipped this last girls at 45 days. This time I’m going for over a 75 day veg period before I flip. Alot consider flower the day you flip the lights. Some when pistills show. And some when buttons form on top. Lol another no REAL answer I believe

7 Likes

Because I grow mostly clones, I count both from flip and from first pistils. My thought that if I grow a clone and harvest it on day 60 from flip, then I should be able to plan on that. But for pics and the like, I use the from first pistils date.

2 Likes

Yep lol.

4 Likes

Only thing that’s important is final days of flowering.

2 Likes

Pistils on the tips for me

4 Likes

I count flower days from the day of flip.

5 Likes

C. pistils on the tips

1 Like

Same here, when I flip the lights to 12/12 is when I start.

4 Likes

I can kinda get behind this line of thought…

edit: Of course, that really doesn’t settle the question at hand, but I count from 10-14 post-flip as flowering having started. The first week or two is the transition.

6 Likes

I used to count when I flipped, but most breeders say 8 or 9 weeks of flowering time, and I consistently go over by at least two weeks, so I think the right answer is to wait until you see pistils, then consider that the start of flowering.

4 Likes

i consider the first day of flowering is after a few pistils have started to develop and spread. But I don’t flip and I grow straight 12/12.

4 Likes

I’ve always counted from flip and added 10 days to the back end on the calendar . . . breeder says 60 days flower I figure 70 from flip to harvest. Normally gets me to within a day or three for harvest date. I don’t switch to flower nutes until I see pistils on the tops.

2 Likes

Those beautiful white hairs from the bud sites :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

When I see those button buds appear. Usually about 2 weeks after the flip.

2 Likes

As soon as I see pistils, so B for me

3 Likes