What could have caused this?

3 Likes

Could be a number of things. Right off the bat I’d say it should not be in that cup still, probably over-watered and hungry for nutrients and light.

3 Likes

I figured it wasnt ready for transplant yet, being it was still pretty small. I gave it a half ounce of water 3 days ago, she was pretty dry. She is in happy frog so i figured there would be enough nutes to get started.

1 Like

Looks like she’s not very happy. . The leaf curl can be ph way off or not enough water. Leaves down…too much water. A spray bottle does wonders on seedlings. I start everything in soil and transition to flood table at about the height of your plant. I’ve found 2ml/gal rapid start to work wonders for me both in the dome at first and in soil. I use depleted ocean forest with worm castings added for my seedlings. That’s about the same as happy frog. I don’t use cups because I want pretty good sized drain holes so I use the 4" square plastic pots you can get at a garden center. Just flood her real good with 6.2 or above water and let her drain out then sit for a while. She’ll be fine @Lrf1417. Good luck

1 Like

Transplant her and up to the cotyledons. You can remove those at the same time. Coco/perlite medium in the big pot? Wet the bottom of the hole, throw in a little dose of microbes then water a ring 6” around the base of the main. Coco should be fed daily or if that’s an amended coco water only for several weeks at a PH of 5.7-6.0 :love_you_gesture:

I transplanted today. She looks a little better now. Thank you very much for the advice. It is actually ffof mixed with perlite.

3 Likes

Right on, that’s a great medium and comes amended with nutrients that’ll usually last 5-6 weeks. PH water feed only at 6.5 would be my suggestion :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

:+1:t2: appreciate the advice my friend.

1 Like