What could cause the stems to limp?

Alright so I finally got around to getting pictures and i watered them today, got some readings from the run off and did a little trimming up

A: PH 7.1 PPM 1474

B: PH 6.8 PPM 1181

C: PH 6.8 PPM 1152

And just to note B and C were planted only a week after A so theres a bit of a difference. Hopefully everything looks ok to some of you I can’t see much problems other than some small brown spots on a couple of A’s leaves and C has looked weird from the moment it sprouted
Any advice or tips and would be well appreciated :+1:

2 Likes

Hows it growing over here? Been about a month

1 Like

I think its doing pretty alright, thanks for asking. compared to what ive seen happen to some first timers im actually quite proud of my girls the leaves have showed some issues I’ve got to figure out. Today is the start of week 6 of flower and i watered them yesterday

1 Like

:drooling_face:

You’re miles ahead of my first grow! Looking good n frosty. Full speed ahead Capt’n.

What leaves are u seeing issues with?

1 Like

Yeah I’m glad I invested in the good genetics and some proper equipment that really helped a lot
And for the leaves on the biggest one:

The second one is the shorter guy he has some yellowing going on

And the third one is who i call the weird one has a couple leaves like this

The first ones ppms are 1912 and ph 7.2
The second one ppms are 2488 and ph 6.8
The weird ones ppms are 1723 and ph 7.0

1 looks like a Calcium deficiency.

2 and 3 looks like P (Phosphorus) deficiency.

The pH is pretty out of range for 1 and 3. In soil you want to be between 6.3 and 6.8. Those couple of points out of range are alot more then they seem.

The crazy part is the second one is in range, but has the highest ppms.

What exactly are you mixing to feed and at what pH?

1 Like

We use tap water and we ph it to between 6.0 to 6.5
And for nutes i use the fox farm trio with calmag
The readings were from a week ago and it’s been about two weeks since we fed it tigers bloom, big bloom, and calmag, and i was confused about the smaller ones ppms since the other two were about the same and ive fed them all equally

6-6.5 going in came out at 7? Thats typically the opposite of what I see from FF nutes. The pH normally tends to drop a bit.

So youve only fed once in the last 2 weeks?

1 Like

Yeah yesterday all i gave them was some molasses and the water before that was when i read the ppms and ph

Is there a reason for the molasses? I dont see a real benefit aside from feeding microbes with it. Could possibly be whats pushing up pH (possible). Try mixing a solution of water/molasses and test those numbers.

And ok so those numbers are a week old, could you get current runoffs?

1 Like

Would i over water them getting the run off since i just watered them yesterday?
And tbh i just give it molasses because i heard it helps
Im shocked they even got this far and look even remotely good.
And our the ph for the molasses was 7.5 before we put ph down in it

Just pull it for now.

Unsuplured Blackstrap Molasses is the only one Ive used, and like I said, it was just for Microbe herd ‘feeding’ and never more then a tsp.

In that case give her an extra day or two. But make sure you’re thorough with the details. Before and after.

1 Like

Yeah i made sure it was unsulfered and i just give it a small spoon full
And I’ll make sure i get back to you I’ll probably get them Thursday and mark down everything for anyone to be able to help. If we’ve gotten this far i don’t need it going bad now😅

1 Like

And just to compare these girls started in a very crappy rigged set up i made when the temps were reaching 80-90° I didn’t expect them to make it outta the seedling stage but here we are

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 I took the readings of them and im a bit more confused than last time.
The first plants PH is 6.7 and PPMs are 1321
The second one PH is 6.5 and PPMs are 2198
The third one PH is 6.1 and PPMs are 2657

Im not to sure why the third ones ppms are so high and ph so low when i haven’t fed it in a while
I had the water at 6.2-3 and the ppms were 246 going in
Also i spotted these tan colored spots on the leaves up against the bud on the second plant

1 Like

Plant one is in range, just was showing calcium deficiency spots. Add a bit more calmag, she’ll be fine.

Plant two lookd like Bloom boosting would help. Numbers in range, ppms a bit high. What is your starting water type and numbers?

Plant 3 the pH is obvs locked out. 6.1 is too low for soil. U want between 6.3-6.8. So a pH lockout essentially means nutes are there but the pH is out of range for them to be available to the rootzone. She has food, but cant eat it. Get it up around 6.5-6.7 and she should be fine.

But back to that starting water….

2 Likes

My tap water before adding ph down to it is at 7.5 and ppms were 240 we brought it down to 6.2-3
And do i just give the third plant water with a higher ph to bring it back up?

Yup. Thats the jist. Flush with 6.8 until its back in range. N watch ppms… if they go under 800-1000 then refeed immediately after.

But with 240 ppm tap, ur getting a slight buildup of whatever is in the tap. Thats why alot of people use distilled, bottled, RO, rainwater. Less ‘wasted’ ppms

Are you in soil? If so, why so low (6.2). Soil is 6.3-6.8. I personally would shoot for 6.5, modt nutrients available in the midde

2 Likes

Yeah im in soil the first one is in 50/50 FF OF and FF HF
And the other two have a third of OF and a third of a soil called petes plant pleaser potting mix and then a third of HF

1 Like