What could cause the stems to limp?

Sometimes if the mix in water is not stirred or mixed in well it will make the numbers jump alot. What pH meter do u use. Should give u a close estimate of what the pH is. Might be off upmor down a bit from ur reading but atleast u have a close estimate did u calibrate it pH meter if vivosun meter the yellow one it comes with 3 packs of powder to mix with water to calibrate the meter. If u haven’t I’d do that asap then mix the water up and pH it that way. If u calibrate the meter use distilled or ro water with the powders not tap water as it will throw off the pH reading of the powder they send u.

3 Likes

Yeah i make sure its well mixed and i just got that cheap $12 meter off Amazon and i had bought a separate thing of calibration solution.
I had to calibrate it basically every time I watered, so to make it easy im just gonna get one thats worth

2 Likes

apera ph20 about 50 bucks on Amazon if u choose this look under the prices on Amazon stuff and see if they have coupons u can attach to the payment to reduce the price some. Some of the products come with coupons and some don’t. Keep an eye out for this coupons tho they be save money. I never knew the uh existed til my wife showed me one day ordering she said let me see if to see if there is coupons to use I said it’s on Amazon then she showed me. Just Incase anyone else don’t know about coupons being there also

3 Likes

Yessir thats the exact one i ordered, now i won’t have to be as worried about fudging up the ph

3 Likes

Works great so far had mine quite a few months went thru and calibrated it once so far just for safe measures lol. Did u happen to get the storing solution for it also. It does require the apera storage solution other will not work right and cause issues with reads or mess up the tips. Just an FYI need this kind for it like 10 bucks but lasts a long time lol.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I did not get that thanks for letting me know, I’ll go ahead and get it. Any insight on what it does and how to use it? Its my first time hearing about a storage solution

3 Likes

It keeps the reader probe in shape. Just keep the cap filled to the line with solution after u use it rinse tip in clean water and put cap on. Keep it standing up strait when stored so the solution don’t leak out and tip dry up can cause damage if not kept in solution others have tried using off brand storage solution with no luck one meter messed up bad and another guy had one he ended up putting in the right solution and after a month of being inthe solution he said it started working the right way but if still avoid causing damage to the probe at all. Lol.

3 Likes

That’s the stuff I have for my Apera, great meters as well. I bought mine after getting advice on here :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you man, now i should be able to maintain this meter for a good while :+1:

1 Like

Now that makes the both of us
This forum is very helpful, i asked about my plant and learned a lot of good info from it

2 Likes

Yeah she’s definitely looking better, i probably shoulda just assumed she was just very thirsty but as my Dad always said its better to ve safe than sorry and it’s always god to have a second opinion
Hopefully i can get it warmer in there for them cuz it’s getting a bit cool staying at about 55°-63°

4 Likes

This forum is great for advice. Folks here are decent as well, nobody shooting you down for asking questions that some would think are dumb.
Need more heat for those ladies. I like to keep mine around the 78° mark. Too cool for too long (depending on the strain) can give you purple colours in the veins and sometimes flower as well

1 Like

Yep looking alot better. Now to get the pH meter and u’ll be all set. That’s gonna make alot of difference lol

2 Likes

Hell yeah bro, I’ve got faith in the process

1 Like

Got my ph meter today like 5 days earlier than amazon said and got some smoke so thats always good for the soul.
I’ve got to water them in the morning so ill get to test it out and have a bit more confidence with my water ph.
Im just doing plain ol water this time, I’ve been giving a gallon each, should i give them a little bit more so i can get a good amount of runoff without any possibility of overwatering .The entire grow so far ive only got one good read on ph and ppms assuming that meter was even close. Those readings were taken on the 19th

3 Likes

I water until I get a little bit of runoff then I draw it up with a syringe and put it in the apera cap. Too much and you risk washing your feed from the soil.

1 Like

Yep now just mix ur nutes pH it and water away. I’d water to get atleast 20% runoff to avoid salt buildups in the medium after the soak down ur good for a few days til the pot feels light again if in coco I don’t remember it’ll need a soak down daily atleast once a day.

2 Likes

Hows it going with the new meter?

2 Likes

Man its so much better I can actually get a good reading without sitting there for 20 minutes and I can have faith in the meter
I know my girls are doing pretty well or at least i don’t see any noticable problems, i just flipped them on the 30th so hopefully in another week or so i can really see the buds start to form. I’ll have to take some pics when i get off work tonight to show em

3 Likes