What could cause the stems to limp?

Shes looking really sad im not sure what i did but i can only hope for the best and try to fix it with a little help
The other two look alright i planned on watering them tonight with a dose of nutes.
This wouldn’t be under watering could it?

1 Like

Yup. Looking at ur soil, it’s obvious they are too dry. They’ll bounce back after a good feeding.

As plants get bigger, root ball is more developed, and the amount plants drink (also the rate of drinking) increases. Just up ur frequency by a day or so.

10 Likes

Yep , a good watering an a few hours should perk up. A good practice check the weight of the pot Before & After watering.

6 Likes

Thank you, yeah I’ve noticed a big change in how its taking water, it’s just the first time i seen the stem limp like that. I’ve gotta admit it scared me a little

1 Like

Thank you, im actually gonna water them now, i just have to guess at the ph a little, i need an upgrade from my old meter
Hopefully it’ll be back right here in a few :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah limp stems would indicate they are wilting from a lack of water.

6 Likes

If your just giving water, distilled is EXCELLENT for not knowing pH.

If ur mixing nutrients, id hate guessing… youll have no idea where u are after mixing

4 Likes

Yeah I’m using my tap water, I’ve got the ph up and down but I don’t trust my meter much the last time I watered it kept reading funny at one point the ph was going up when i put down in it
I’m going to order a new more reliable one tomorrow

2 Likes

@BerlyT.hb Look at the apera digital ph meter or blue lab both good meters. About 50 bucks well worth the money.

4 Likes

Will do, I’m definitely not going cheap again and let it cost me the quality of my plants
Thanks for the advise

3 Likes

Do u use silica or any of ur products have silica in it .i would give them a good water and mix some silica in ur water to help strengthen the stems and branches

1 Like

Don’t feed when they’re as dry as that. Give them water only until they perk up then feed them. The sudden uptake of salts as it tries to rehydrate itself will do more harm than good :nerd_face::face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Im not too sure I’ll have to look into it, and if i don’t I’ll have to go shop a bit again
Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Oh :hushed:
Well I’ll have to hope for the best right now thank you for telling me, but I kinda sorta already did it
Now i know for the future I’ve got plenty left to learn

My plants have been pretty tough so far with how it started and the colder weather

1 Like

Anytime man anytime. I learned that lesson the same way you just did. Things might be ok though and if not then we know for the next time :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Be careful with your silica when you get it. I bought mine, liquid form and the ph was 0.8 :scream: so read the label :face_with_monocle:. I know it said acid, I just didn’t realise how acidic it actually was :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I appreciate it bro, I’ve gotta learn eventually and probably the hard way. I’ve got faith in my babies tho
They started in a old cabinet with a little mylar on the sides and a $30 light, so I’m alright with my progress so far :relaxed:

1 Like

Alright I’ll have to keep check on that thanks man

1 Like

None of us were born experts, we all started at the bottom and worked our way to where we are just now. I started with a greenhouse, no idea and a watering can. Jeez those poor plants still haunt me :man_facepalming::ghost::ghost::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yeah i honestly didn’t expect to get this far but here i am getting close to the flower stage
Im happy with the progress but i yearn for the experience

1 Like