What could be wrong

Hello Everyone,
I am growing 4 cherry pie plants. I am using jacks 321 in my auto pots. Ph is 5.8 and ppm is at 700. Any ideas what is going on? Am I supposed to be adding cal mag or anything else?
Thanks

You can up your cal nit and epsom a bit to help with the cal mag deficiency.

3 Likes

Agreed with @yourviolentpast. Bump up part B and Epsom a couple points each

1 Like

700 ppm@ 100%? Cant be right. Im usually at 1060 with jacks at100% with a base water tds of about 150. How much are you mixing? Does look hungry and in need of more

@Poseidon1
For 5 gallons of water I am adding
18 grams part A
5.5 grams salt
12 grams part B
Then PH to 5.8

Seems right to me…strange…my tds is higher.

Why 5.5 on the salt. Just wondering why instead of 6g for 5 gallons

My jacks 321 even with slightly more grams than they suggest is only 500-700ish as well just saying. I had to swap over to something else today because of deficiencies with jacks in flower. :frowning:

What tds meter you using? Should have around 900 with ro. Calibrated? Nutes mixed thoroughly?

I do 1.2 per as well. One of there feeding schedules calls for 100grams at 100 gallon, may be why. What is your tds after mixing?

1 Like

The vivosun cheapie, I let the nutes dissolve and sit overnight and then check in the morning. I had major phosphorus and CalMag deficiencies like a mother so I’m thinking the meter is correct at least close enough :person_shrugging:

That looks like mag deficiency to me. Had that issue recently with living soil. Epsom salt cleared it right up.

1 Like

I have found what looks like a deficiency is nothing more than light burn. Jacks seems to make the upper parts of the plants sensitive to light and so I started adding some silica to strengthen the plants health.
It has arrested the problem and I will continue to use silica on a once a week schedule from now on.
Light burn looks exactly like phosphorus deficiency except deficiencies typically are seen on lower leaves. Excesses on upper leaves. Not always tho…
Mine , you can see the burned edges which have not progressed since I added silica.

3 Likes

@Spiney_norman at what point in the mixing process do you add the silica?

1 Like

Silica is always first no matter the ingredients.
Silica will raise the pH a lot so you will probably need pH down.

When you put the silica in make sure you mix it very,very well!!

1 Like

Last time i checked tds maybe a year ago. I cant remember what it was. I will check this am.

1 Like