What could be the issue?

We are in the flowering stage of this plant (Bruce Banner)
Leaves are turning brown and curling not sure what is causing this.

The PH level is 5.5 / 6.0
Lighting is 400 watt PS Bulb
Temp is 80 deg with lights on and 70 deg with lights off
We are running 12 /12 cycle
Light is 18 inches above the plants

What’s your nutrients schedule?

What are you growing in? If you’re in soil, your ph is too low and you’re experiencing lockout. If you’re soiless, than your ph is right and maybe some experienced hydro guys can jump in. They do look a little burnt.

3 Likes

It is in soil
what do you suggest for PH level?

I try to keep it around 6.5 to 6.8.

2 Likes

How long are you into the flowering period mate…?

I will have to double check on that and let you know
would like you input

1 Like

i believe we are 3 weeks or so

Yes I would be very confident telling you to good with your bloom nutes, maybe some Cal-Mag. What nutrient line are you using mate and I and other will help you out no problem this growing froum is the best and most professionally ran for the true MJ growers with some excellent people there for advice and support when ever you need. So what nutes, and Organic or Synthetic ?

And by the way please let me welcome you to the ILGM site :v:.

I will have to check on the brand name of the product we are using…and any out information I can give you…I am at work right now but as soon as i get home I will let you know …I am veryinterested in you feedback and help

2 Likes

This is the product line we have been using. I have been using 1 TSP of the Cal-Mag and a 1/2 TSP each of the other 3 products per 1 gallon of water. I get 2 waterings out of the gallon of water and I water 3 times a week. I also would like to note that I am in the 5th week of flowering.

1 Like

Yep those nutes will do the job for you for sure @sassymae the Bloom nutrients and Cal-Mag, just a note about Cal-Mag when you are buying some is that some off the nutrients lines that do have Cal-Mag just make sure to check and read the NPK ratio off it only because some have a high level of Nitrogen and that will not help you when it comes to flowering and that is because to much N can effect your plants ability to flower proper because nitrogen is more for the vegging stage off your plant’s life, but also is part off the flowering stage but in the Bloom nutrients in smaller amounts. So we now need to go back to the basics, but probably 2 off the most important factor’s in your plants life circle to be checking is your PH readings and PPMs (EC-TDS) also this is so so important that I can not emphasize this enough for you. We will start with your Ph if you have got a Ph pen tester can you let me know what your range is off it and also if possible a PPM Reading this will tell you if your Plant is hungry or if she has not been feeding well enough this reading will be high so those 2 next steps will give you so much Info and then you can mover on from there hope this helps you out and il set to watching or if you want to ask anything just put the @ in front of my user name like yours is @sassymae OK chat to soon then, and try get some off the runoff reading’s and we can rule out alot for you mate :v:.

1 Like

I wouldnt use Mag-Pro with the Bloom,

@sassymae

Here is a pic of Nutrient Burn

PICT0244

Nutrient Burn is one of the MOST common mistakes a new grower makes,
reason for this is, because a newer grower will use a chemical nutrient
most of the time and listen to the directions on the box. This is a NO NO!
Depending on the age of the plant, size, strain and soil mixture you are using
also has a factor. There is no set guideline when using nutrients, but I can
give you a good example to start out with so you will not burn your plants.
It’s always good to start out light, rather than feed heavy. Remember you can
always add more later, but can not take out when you added to much. Chemical
and Organic nutrients differ. Chemical nutrients are more readily available
and can burn way easier than organics can. Organics are easier for a newer
grower to use, most of the time, and lessen your chances of burning your plants.
I recommend not using more than ½ teaspoon of chemical nutrients per gallon
of water. Unless the plants are very big 5 feet+, then it’s safe to use 1
teaspoon per gallon of water. When your plants first emerge you want to wait
at least 2 weeks before feeding your plants, unless your plants are in a soiless
mixture, like pro mix. The cotyledons (its first set of round looking leaves) are
what give the plant its food until they get the first 2 or 3 sets of leaves. If
your plants are in a soiless mixture and are over the first week of age; you can
feed a weak amount of nutrients, like ÂĽ teaspoon per gallon of water. Soiless
mixtures are different from soil plants and soiless plants need to be fed more
when using this mixture.

I also recommend not feeding more than 1 time a week if using ½ teaspoon per
gallon of water for chemical nutrients. You can feed every other day,( this
goes for chemical and organics) at very weak amounts, but doing this may contribute
to over watering, and for that I do not recommend feeding more than once a week.
Some people feed 2 times a week using like ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water… Use 1/4
strength for first feeding and then go up to 1/2 strength from the 2nd feeding when
using chemical nutrients. It’s very easy to overdo it. When using organics, depending
on which one you’re using, I recommend using 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. When the
plant gets bigger you can work your way up to using more nutrients when the plants
get bigger.

As for soil mixtures, there are a lot of different kinds of soil’s out there. Using a
rich soil mixture is not recommended for seedlings. Seedlings that are under 2
weeks of age you do not want to start them in rich soil, using a seed starter
mixture is one of the safer ways. Seed starter mixtures are weak in nutrients,
so it will not burn the seedlings but will provide them enough to get past seedling
stage, but the downside is you have to transplant into a better soil mixture after 2
weeks of age. If you decide to start with this mixture, do not put your seedlings
into a big pot. Start them out with using a cup or a small pot.

Nutrient Burn causes leaf tips to appear yellow or burnt. They can also be brown
and twisted and crispy looking. Depending on the severity it can show many different
symptoms and shows on lower part of the plant when its young, at older stages it
can move anywhere on the plant.

To fix the problem when you have Nutrient burn, you want to flush out the plants
with lots of water.

Soil

Soil should be flushed with lots of water, Use 3 gallons of water per one gallon of soil.
Flush very thoroughly, after plant recovers usually after a week, you can resume using
nutrients after a week or a week 1/2. When you flush your soil, you flush everything out,
a lot of nutrients go with it, including the soil nutrients.

Hydro `````````````````
Change out the reservoir, flush out any lines and clean out the entire system and
replace with plain water for the first hour, then start out with lower parts per
million (PPM)
Its good to clean out your system every 2 weeks and replace with fresh water and
nutrients. Some people change everything every week!

Ahh, nute burn! Stop this by not adding to much chemical/organic nutrients to your
water,foliar feeding. DONT feed more than 1 time a week unless using weak amount,
use 1/4 strength for first feeding and then go up to 1/2 strength from then on when
using chemical nutrients. Its very easy to overdo it. Causes leaf tips to appear
yellow or burnt. NEVER give nutrients to plants that are under 2 weeks of age, at
this age the soil nutrients are enough to suppliment them untill 2 weeks of age or
more depending on how good your soil is. Using ferts before 2 weeks will almost
likley kill your plants.

1 Like