What causes airy buds

Full spectrum means from 400nm to 700nm and it’s plenty reasonable to expect lights with a kelvin rating to produce those wavelengths @Fever

1 Like

I suppose correctly my error was in thinking 5000 or 6500K is “full spectrum”. @Fever

1 Like

I was using ‘weak’ lighting when I started by ‘testing the waters’. It was illegal. I was getting airy buds. Read about it, changed to more powerful lighting and now have thick hard buds! All around lightening strong on top, weaker lights on sides - left over florescent. Strong air movement important too. Makes them strong like bull, no bull! Also went to area small farms giving demo’s on how they start seeds. Same tech on a larger scale green houses. But even then, I had to bring up the importance of fans before we moved on to the fields…she just ‘forgot’. You can see them! LoLs! Stronger lights, perhaps closer.

1 Like

With those kelvin readings? Or particular ones.

1 Like

Probably all of them listed. There are some subtle differences from manufacturer to manufacturer, but for the most part they are similar @Fever

This chart shows three different kelvin across three different cri ratings. All of them cover the span with different intensity at specific wavelengths. All would be considered full spectrum, yet only one or two of them would be ideal for a seed to harvest type of grow. Pretty much solidifies how useless the term “full spectrum” can be at times. It can be great, but without the graph to breakdown intensity at specific wavelength the term itself means very little as to whether a particular light is good for our application or not so much.

2 Likes

Got it thanks

2 Likes