What can you tell me as far as the ability of bees or other insects to pollinate female plants from male plants from a distance

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

What can you tell me as far as the ability of bees or other insects to pollinate female plants from male plants from a distance

2 Likes

Thanks dear @ILGM.Zoe

Dear customer,

Depends on the species of bees, litterature mention a suggest distance between 50 meters to 15 kilometers… A good proportion of honey bees are believe to have a foraging distance of 600-800 meters.

They’re very few serious study on the other insects, however, it’s safe to tell that it is possible that they’re sensibly the same.

However, bees seems to have no interest on cannabis pollination…it’s possible that some terpenes are non-attractive for them…

An anecdotical raise of bees by a French beekeeper have made some news, however it’s believe to be a fraud.

There’s little to no studies on other insects for cannabis pollination, but predator of aphids and other pest , like larvae of beetle and especially the adult beetle could in theory pollinate a cannabis plant.

In hope that’s responding to your questioning…

~Al :v: :innocent:

5 Likes

Wind causes more pollination than anything, and can be done from miles away.

3 Likes

Well said fellas
Pollen can travel miles outside in the wind
Do you have commercial grow operations near by

2 Likes

More likely to be wind than bees.

2 Likes

“In three studies, pollen drift was observed across 5 to 12 kilometers (3 to 7.5 miles). A fourth study showed pollen drift for 48 kilometers (30 miles) across the Mediterranean Sea from Morocco to Spain, summarizes Hermann.

We don’t have sea winds carrying hemp pollen into Colorado, but it can be windy nonetheless. According to Hermann, a safe starting distance between marijuana and hemp plants is 10 miles. “There is no scientific backing to guarantee that distance, but it is a safe starting point.”

In terms of the risk of pollen negatively affecting indoor marijuana grows, filtration is key. Hermann says HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filters are the primary filter for screening pollen and she recommends consulting a filtration expert to create the necessary system to prevent pollination. Once an adequate filter system is in place, perform necessary maintenance to keep the system optimally operating.

From here

~Al :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

Info bombs by Al!

giphy%20(4)

3 Likes

Lol :joy:

My name is Al, Big Al… Lol :wink::joy:

Just passing info brother, mon ami :grinning::wink::v:

2 Likes

Yea @Niala definitely knows his stuff… if you have the privilege of having him give you direction… then by all means take it and use it

3 Likes

Ever heard of Al Bundy Mon Ami?

27nb0h

True American hero lol

2 Likes

@Niala is my grow mentor!

I feel priveledged! I was helping out with basic guidance over in the lab then Al came along and blew me away. Such extensive knowledge, seemed like had an answer for everything. I definitely took to him for help right from the get go.

3 Likes

I had the privilege of working with bob quite a bit before he had to leave

3 Likes

Wow @Sirsmokes and @TDubWilly thanks for the compliment, it’s really appreciate my friends

It’s warming my heart buddies…

Thanks… :blush:

4 Likes

I miss Bob too brother

3 Likes

I remember Bob, I checked his avatar for awhile to see if he ever checked back in but I never remember seeing him even checking back in.

What happened there?

2 Likes

First time I looked in months, still hasn’t even checked in

1 Like

We don’t really know, he said to John\CB that it was for personal reasons…

2 Likes

Just speculation if I was to answer as he just said it was for personal reasons so everyone just let it be

2 Likes

Well, time for me to count sheep :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

Goodnight my friends

1 Like