What can the trimmings be used for?

You can decarb just keif too, but I only leave it in for 40min. Stoner memory aid 240 for 40 :wink: (I don’t decarb smokable flowers)

1 Like

I smoke it lol

3 Likes

Once I start seeing sugar there’s a zip-lock bag in the freezer. Everything I snip until harvest goes in. On harvest day I add all the trim and the next day it is hash. I smoke that too :wink: First good taste and whatnot.

To clarify, I don’t save the fan leaves. but if you look near the leaf stem, and see sugar, you can just cut most of the leaf off and just save the good part,

3 Likes

Was wondering if you could use a sand-bath like you would use to set up temperature switchs which has a dial for a setpoint digital readout you could set at 118 degrees and it would stay there at that set point until you turned it off. Thanks

You can try it as long as your temp can maintain for 5 days at 118

Thanks I think I’ll give it a try down the road.

How you cook something for 5 days comon

2 Likes

Yes sir! I have one as well, and it’s actually how I decarb and make my butter! Please and thank you!

1 Like

Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew!

You can use them for budder, tincture, and cannaoil, which can then be used in almost anything. The possibilities are endless.

1 Like

I have 1 plant that I just harvested last night. I’d say I ended up with an average sized kitchen strainer almost full. Is this enough trimmings to even mess with? I’ll probably be adding the popcorn buds in there as well if I’m going to attempt to make the bubble hash.
Ok, let’s say I do have enough to work with. Do I decarb first? Another question is do you have to buy the bubble bags or is there another option?
Sorry for asking questions that I’m sure have been asked many times, I just can’t seem to find a one stop place for all the instructions.

You have to buy the bags no getting around that they are fairly cheap ice and water and trim is all you need and a spoon to mix it is a pain but worth it look up YouTube videos on it ! If your wanting to do edibles then you Decarb and infuse butter just depends on what you want to do

So I’m wondering if I have enough trimmings to work with. I’d say I have a kitchen strainer basket full. I’ll probably end up adding the popcorn buds in there too.
I’m interested in turning this into vape juice.
If I decarb now can I store it that way till I figure out what I’m going to do or do I just freeze it like it is?
I appreciate the replies. I’m learning a little at a time.

Make bubble hash!

5 Likes

First I’ve heard about decarbing. How do you heat trimming to 240’ for an hr. I can only think of an oven.

1 Like

Decarbing is for cooking with it Activates the THCA

I’ve been using my fan leaves etc when I defoliate and then using my juicer along with say apples etc to make a juice with them and drink it instead of tossing the leaves.
For me there are benefits of the plant outside of the buzz I can get from this wonderful herb.
Just need a decent juicer because the leaves are difficult to process without using other items such as apples.
My juicer doesn’t work with them very well unless I alternate feeding in leaves and then apple etc.
The waste material I feed to my worms or toss into compost or just the yard as it’s dam cold out now.

Once I get to harvest I plan on using the bubble bags to make some bubble hash and go from there.

HAGD

1 Like

What is that contraption it looks like it makes great hash. What were and how can I get one?

1 Like

Here is a link for the full set up.

BUBBLEBAGDUDE Bubble Bag Machine 5 Gallon 5 Bag Ice Bubble Bags Mixing Kit 5 Gallon Portable Mini Bubble Washing Machine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LIPALHI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_v00tCbBY971YK

If you don’t want to buy the washer and and wash the trim by hand then you can just buy the micron bags which are not as expensive.

BUBBLEBAGDUDE Bubble Bags 5 Gallon 4 Bag Set - Herbal Ice Bubble Bag Essence Extractor Kit - Comes with Pressing Screen and Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LL6IAWW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_h20tCb1XJB7FR

To wash by hand you will need a 5 gallon bucket with about 3-4 gallons of ice water (more ice the better) in it. Add frozen trim to ice water and stir up aggressively for about 15 min. Once you are done mixing, most of the plant matter should float, so use a strainer to remove as much plant matter as possible. The tricomes will sink to the bottom of the bucket. Once most of the plant matter is out, pour water through a wire strainer to remove the rest of the plant matter. Then you can pour the water through the first 25 micron bag and throw away whatever matter it catches because it is not good smoke. Then you can process through the rest of the micron screens to collect your hash. Remember that trichomes sink so be sure that you mix up water before you pour to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the bucket.

3 Likes

I much prefer using dry ice. No wet mess and the trichomes transmit through the screen much easier because they are dry. I used a 220micon until the keif started turning brown/green. Think I got 3 sets of shaking onto a dark table to collect the dust.

Trim Budder

I have used this recipe, with great success, several times. Adjust as fits your needs.

-4 oz DRY sugar leaf trim, decarbed
-3/4 cups coconut oil or butter
-about 1 qt of water, or enough to cover the trim

Mix it all together and use your preferred heating method. I use a pressure cooker, but you can use a crockpot or whatever you have. For a pressure cooker, 30 minutes on high pressure will do ya; other methods can take 3-12 hours, depending on your heat.

Once done and strained, you’ll have about 3/4-2/3 cup high octane budder. I estimate between 100-200mg thc per serving times 30 servings.

4 Likes