What can I use around the house

what can I use around the house to clone my girls

honey works as cloning gel just don’t expect speedy rooting Cloning powders and gels have hormones in them to speed results

3 Likes

how long honey take

1 Like

plant age diet health and strain all factor 2-3 weeks is conservative guess cloning powders and gels can take 5-14 days so you get the idea how variable cloning is

5 Likes

You can use aloe as well if you have and aloe plant use the gel as you would cloning gel

3 Likes

Any garden shop should have some type of rooting powder. I found some at mine for 4 and some change

Gday burger88. if you have a willow tree in your area grab a couple of living branches about 1/4 inch in diameter, cut them up into short lengths that you can fit upright into a small bucket/jar/container with a lid. fill the container with the willow sticks and cover with ph neutral water and shake vigorously for a minute or two and leave overnight some place warm. You can use this liquid to water your cuttings as it contains various hormones to assist with rooting. Hope this helps. cheers mountainman1

4 Likes

@mountainman1 going old school

2 Likes

yeah high rexx. nothing wrong with old school. I think we sometimes overcomplicate things.
cheers mountainman1

4 Likes

This forum is a great place but there is a lot of people swinging for bleachers on every plant making things way to complicated just ask @Fairieswear8oots I think she was ready to quit

3 Likes

Last time I cloned. I put honey on the trim and pit it into a cup of water. Like @Donaldj said the honey will help but the roots will show in a few weeks.

@Rexx
KISS (keep it simple sugar)

2 Likes

I just put mine in a Solo cup with a plastic sandwich bag over it. Pop the clone through the bag into the ph’d water and set it in my bathroom window. You know the diffused type people can’t see ya through. Probably roots just as fast as the honey method

2 Likes

my diy cloning setup, 90% success rate, I’ve had success with rain water, start to see roots within 7-14 days humidity dome used first week @burger88

4 Likes