What can I expect from this?

I have 2 Runtz that have started producing flowers at 22 days since they broke through the soil. Not sure what to expect other than a very low yield. Anybody experienced this before?

2 Likes

Pics? That might help with an accurate answer.

4 Likes

They will surprise you sometimes. The very first plant I grew started flowering at 21 days and it did pretty well. Got over 2 ft tall with several colas. Dont count her out.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

Thank you Spiney_norman

2 Likes

I think @Lacewing @Fiz @Twelve1 have all experienced autoflowers spitting pistils between 14-28 days from sprout. Yield will vary, but results will likely surprise you.

6 Likes

I had one outdoors that started throwing pistols around 18 days from sprout I harvested almost 2 ounces in 56 days total

By the way it was an elite strain home bred called yeti wedding hahahah

I’m just busting on @Graysin
Some genetics are just really fast and I don’t think it means your yield Will be low …some autos just do it all at once

Haha also ….it could just be showing sex not full on flowering

The four I have going right now are full on flowering hard and stretching at the same time

3 Likes

I’ve had an autoflower in pre-flower on day 20 and full flower on day 27, and a couple others not far from that. I think it’s considered normal. They do stretch during early flower, which Lacewing mentioned, as well as also having an autoflower that’s on day 19 of flower and still stretching some.

1 Like

I had one go into flower at 16 days. She grew to 19 inches and yielded 2.5 oz.

Autos do what they do. Some are in a giant rush.

3 Likes

Hence the name “Runtz”, 23 days going into flower is nothing new.
Most autos preflower at 28 days in my experience so a little early.

Raise your lights and dim them a notch, this should make them stretch some which should help the yield a bit.

3 Likes

Thank you for the input.

2 Likes

welcome to the forum. Im on my second round of growing auto flowers and mine all started flowering in that time frame. Im new to growing and dont know what is considered a good yield for an autoflower. I grow in soil in 3 gallon pots. last two plants yielded 2.7 ounces and 3.2 ounces. I was happy with it but ive yet to master a heavy yield. I also havent ended up with hard dense buds. Im told that is also fairly normal for autos. ive seen several on here who can really get them dialed in and produce some nice harvest. maybe some day ill get that good. for now im just happy with what I can do. I cant smoke but my wife says they are potent

3 Likes

I myself wonder if this is a genetic thing or strain specific thing ? The one I grew outdoors was very dense and hard …I let it go a bit long in my opinion so there was no way it was going to swell any further …
I grew another one right next to it in the same conditions …different strain/breeder and it gave me 9 dry grams of light airy buds …
The one that’s in my tent is almost ready …very small but very dense stacked up hard buds …
I really think it’s a combination of things including environment of course that directly contribute to your end result …however I think what matters most is the genetics of the plant ,and even then the environment has to be likable to the plant for it to even matter !!

1 Like

Started flowering on day 24

5 Likes

Thank you Goldie! I can live with that!

I will include that my buds are a bit airy-only pushing 240watts in a 4*4 so i think thats my issue…smokes damn good tho usually

That happened my last grow. I had 2 Grease Monkeys that grew to 53" and 49". Largest cola was 22". We went on an overnight trip, getting home late the next evening and they were infested with spider mites. I killed the spider mites and threw them away. My next grow I began the next day and my question posted on here that you replied to is the new grow I just began. One extreme to another. I do have pictures on my phone but I am an old guy and haven’t quite figured out how to do that yet.