What can I do to make my buds grow bigger and put on more weight? Has anyone tried molasses? I have some seedlings that have just sprouted too so this will be a collaboration

Plants in flower were flipped start of August so it’s been almost 5 weeks since flip I think…Is there any others who can help?

Some Epsom salt can help. A lot of companies use it as a bud enhancer.

1 Like

Is it normal household salt? Do you know how much to add? Have you tried it before?

3 Likes

No its not normal household salt. Its Epsom salt… which is Magnesium Sulfate. And I’m not sure of how much to add. I’ve used around 1tsp per gal of water before.
You can do a google search and check around.

2 Likes

Also, just being patient will help your buds get big as well.

2 Likes

@Weedwizard

The two things that have worked for me is:

Soctts Bloom Booster

https://www.amazon.com/Scotts-110500-Super-Soluble-2-Pound/dp/B00GTDGWAY?tag=greenrel-20

And 48 to 72 hours of complete darkness before harvest.
That’s it.

5 Likes

Really? Why does the two to three days of darkest work? So the plants use the remaining nutes for food more because of no light?

@garrigan62

You got it! The plant thinks its out of time and goes into hurry up mod to finish and faten up…

5 Likes

I think I won’t use Epsom salt but thanks for the info

A lot of bloom boosters use it in their recipe.

Even if you dont use it, it’s still a good thing to have around, and throw in every once in awhile. There are many benefits to Magnesium Sulfate for a plant.

3 Likes

Hmm I just learned a new technique

And it works otherwise! I wouldn’t use them both

1 Like

What do you guys think is better just adding the salt or adding the flower booster?

The flower booster

1 Like

It depends on what other nutrients you are adding. There are a ways Epsom over a bloom booster can be beneficial and the other way around.

2 Likes

This is a true statement

2 Likes

Hmm, any specific cases you can think of?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with Epsom salt. Works wonders for several issues that way more expensive Cal mag will fix. 1 tsp per gallon is good @Weedwizard.

4 Likes