What Can I Do About the Black Spots?

I didn’t mean to sound glib
It’s just yours is a dire situation and I’d throw every weapon I had at it, because as @Hellraiser said
This does not usually end well

Mr_Wormwood, No worries… I just sprayed the stalk again. 3 weeks to go…Wish me luck!

1 Like

Budz, The articles appear to show the fungus on the leaves. My leaves aren’t affected, yet…

Dang hang in there plant! Just for a few weeks

1 Like

That’s the word. Yet. Did you do a h202 soak of the medium? I had to current grow. Only slowed down growth for a couple days till the tribus got back to work. Had a gray mold outbreak (causes budrot). thankfully it was only in the medium and I hadn’t done any pruning recently. So it never got inside the plants.

Believe it or not if your plant has no “wounds” it cannot get bud rot. But a wound could be as simple as some fly bites.

1 Like

Update. So the black spots on the stalk have turned gray. Looks like it’s healing. 2 weeks to go!

2 Likes

That’s freaking awesome news :+1:

1 Like

Good for you for sticking it out and not pulling it. I’ve been fighting some mold and bud rot and I’ve got it under control too. Can’t wait for harvest, the last few weeks were extremely stressful.

1 Like

Plumbdand, thanks. My other one got pulled yesterday. Got tired of pulling chunks of brown out of the buds. My first experience with rot. The humidity in central Texas has been oppressive this year…

1 Like