What Bug is this?

Does anyone know what this insect is? The ball looks like a spider web sack. Looks similar to what I’ve seen with spider webs around it. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey @Lacewing
Got any ideas on this critter?

1 Like

Looks like a caterpillar of some type the entire body would help

That’s a moth or caterpillar or butterfly any of the above need to get off the plant

Safer caterpillar spray or jacks dead bug

4 Likes

Crosseyed Plant hopper???

I kid, I have no idea, but the little bugger is crosseyed.

4 Likes

Hysterical

Forker is kinda staring into the camera

2 Likes

Yeah looks like a caterpillar of some sort. The dead brown bud leaves are not a good sign of what’s happening to that bud, caterpillars usually bring bud rot with them as they poop in the buds they are eating.

6 Likes

I had stink bugs not long ago. was lucky to pick them off and squish’em dead.

2 Likes

Hate those
Just got through their peak time near me I think …
Thank god I had harvested already

1 Like

Man I was so focused on the insect I’m embarrassed I didn’t notice how bad that brown is

2 Likes

Honestly I thought all that brown was curled up dead leaves, not so much flowe

I’d need to see a slightly zoomed out pic to tell

If it is bud rot you need to address it like yesterday

1 Like

They appear to be dead bud sugar leaves which is the first sign that there is a problem in the bud, that may not be showing on the actual bud yet.

2 Likes

Ahh well that’s good to know

Here is a zoomed out pic.You can see the little critter i nthe upper right corner.

2 Likes

Well my eyes are not as well versed in bud rot… I don’t see any on the outside but @Hellraiser raises a good point with all the dying sugar leaves

They should not really look like that and if that’s a sign of inner bud rot, I’d be doing some selective surgery to find out if you have a problem on the inside

1 Like

On top of what is probably a caterpillar and pupa, You got the Character from the TOOL - Sober video.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Lol I didn’t know what you meant, but now I see it

1 Like

Looks like a young leaf hopper to me

2 Likes

Very possible
Not sure what thier eggs look like but the egg shown looks like a caterpillar egg
Maybe those lay similar eggs ?