What bug are this?

First time over years I see several of these hanging of my girls leaves. Bad or good or what’s fk they want :yum: two hornet on head like a moose

Looks like a Japanese beetle.

4 Likes

Looks like a Texas June bug

3 Likes

I suppose It could be that too.

1 Like

Looks like a type of June Bug to me also.

1 Like

It don’t look like any June bug I have seen in Texas. We have some pretty colorful insects and spiders.

1 Like

A beetle. Maybe a june but hard to say because there are a gazillion types and names of beetles.

Name this one Beetle #420

4 Likes

probably just a beetle? I grow weed outside, years ago I realized that while I wasnt looking, little nature bastards were landing on my plants. Funny thing, after all those little bastards were done playing war games on my plants, there was usually very little damage done.

2 Likes

Yup , that’s it , the 420 beetle , Get rid of him . I think he might be related to this guy here .

scarab beetles (Scarabaeidae)
Another large family, these beetles (usually just called “scarabs”) are often large and heavy bodied. The major characteristic of the family is their antennae which have the last few segments forming fan-like, expandable “fingers”. Many are familiar to us, like Junebugs, Japanese beetles and dung beetles. Some are major pests of plants, either eating the foliage (adults) or roots (usually larvae). Many are beneficial, especially dung beetles who dispose of animal waste. Larvae are typical C-shaped grubs. Adults are often found at lights and may be attracted to homes for this reason. 220px-Reitter-1908_table74

1 Like

But how I get rid or repel grasshoppers and critters? There munching leaves too. And here actual grasshopper season just begin. Those bastards are nuisance every year.

1 Like