What are your thoughts on running lights 24/7 for autos?

I figured the only bad thing about it was a waste of electricity.

I don’t have any actual science to back up my opinion, but I prefer giving my plants at least some downtime. In an all auto run I do 20/4. If I’m running a mix of autos and photos I do 18/6.

1 Like

I can see that a little downtime wouldn’t hurt them. Sometimes I have to go out of town for 2 to 3 days. I have an auto waterer that covers my watering. So I will give them a 4 hr break when I am home. Thanks for the input!

They need some rest, depending on your light you can run it at 12/12

1 Like

I have a 400watt led and a180watt led in a 4x4x80.

this was on 12/12 its entire life

5 Likes

That’s how I want to do it NICE!! Great job!

3 Likes

I topped this one, first time i topped

3 Likes

My best auto to date was thrown into a tent with a photo and flipped to 12/12. Agree with what is being said above. They respond better with a dark period, recover faster with a dark period, and over all seem to do better with some time with lights out

2 Likes

It was an auto? I thought you shouldn’t do that. I am too new and scared to try yet. But nice result for you.

1 Like

That makes total sense. The few days I am away I will have to run 24/7. But other wise 12/12.

1 Like

Why not put it on a timer? Timers are cheap and can be purchased almost anywhere. I think that a consistent light schedule is important.

5 Likes

A timer will also make things alot easier. Nothing worse then having to be home at a certain time to flip lights on or off.

3 Likes

Never crossed my mind. That’s a awesome suggestion! Easy and cheap. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I have a automated water when I am gone. Thanks!

4 Likes

Once you take lights on time away, you can’t add it back. Iam not telling you to run them at 12/12 . Just letting you know its possible. And yes that was a auto. And i run my lights at night to help with heating and cooling

4 Likes

Wow. Nice job. Is that an auto flower? What strain? Amazing results

Jack herer auto@ 18 weeks from seed that i topped

2 Likes

I’m doing 2x Headband photos for my first try indoors. I have to make a decision soon on topping or FIM or just LST. That pic is a great example! I’m scared to death to cut my babies. :laughing: When/ where did you top yours at? Just LST after one topping? That thing looks phenomenal! This is where I’m at so far…

1 Like

U have time if they’re photos, that was a auto, I’m only doing photos now

1 Like