What are you using? Watts per sq ft

I’ve gone through several harvests with my SpiderFarm lights since my earlier post, and the lights are working very well.

I’ve been yielding about 4oz dry per autoflower plant. I grow four plants per light, yielding about a pound per month.

2 Likes

Curious if that is still your target DLI for flower. I saw another say 40 but just curious as I’m trying to follow what @dbrn32 was saying about following DLI and searched “DLI during flowering” and this thread came up. Is that what you target also dbrn? , still your target @BobbyDigital ? anyone else wanna chime in what works good for them also?

EDIT: On blurple nurple just now (BestVA 1500dual chip series 195W) i’m at 34.6 lowest cola and 37.2 at tallest
On Barrina (full spectrum QB 200W) i’m at 34.4 lowest and 38.9 at tallest, about close as i can get it, lol

EDIT 2 best va is about 3 inches lower than barrina light to achieve those numbers according to photone. both are doing better than OUTside plants on this cloudy day which BEST reading was 26.2 lol on “sunlight” or whatever it is for that

Yep, I still target 35 flower and 45 in veg. If I were running CO2 I could push those numbers up but without it, my plants get everything they need for the day at 35

4 Likes

Hey I’m new, and someone told l me about this app. Photone has some good ish review, all u need is a smart phone and piece of paper. Can help u figure out ur DLI, and ppfd. Hope this helps and best of luck

1 Like

If you’re going over it’s fine. The plant just might go to sleep on you during the end of the lights on period.

2 Likes

I build my lights to run around a ppfd average of 800 umols/s at full power. On 12 hpur schedule dli is about 35. I will run about 35-45 in veg, but only because I need the heat in my space.

2 Likes

So I’m new to the indoor stuff.
I have a 2x4 tent and a SF2000 for my light.
Is the light adequate for the tent . Thanks

It is according to their data

3 Likes

I was running the SF-2000 and SF-1000 in a 2x4 together and it was perfect! I’d still be using that set-up but ended up with a second tent and upgraded the main tent to HLG.
I’ll be running the combo in the new tent soon.
Centered in the space there is considerable drop off in the corners and ends of the tent.
With the addition of the 1000 the light was completely uniform edge to edge.
The daisy chain feature worked perfectly to control the second light.

For the best coverage and to really maximize the space I’d get the SF-1000 too.

I will say the SF had a “warmer” glow to it than the HLG, which leans to the more blue, but otherwise for the difference in money Spider Farmer is a definite contender and a damn good light!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

1 Like

Not exactly

Processing: 0285123E-5EF4-4E1A-B9DA-3D6543B3236C.webp…

2 Likes

My eyes are not a chart but they saw a decided difference in the spectrum of the two different lights. :smiley:
The SF is clearly a “warmer, more yellowish/red” whereas the HLG is decidedly more “cooler and blueish/white”.
Just an observation I saw myself, side by side in real life, not read from a chart!

1 Like

The HLG chart for the 350R is slightly different than the one you posted.
I tried different ways to post the chart but this site very picky about file types and honestly, not that big of a deal, to me anyway - I own both of the lights - I know what they burn like first hand! :joy:

HGE!!

edit: pictures are all good. It’s the links that aren’t allowed.

Yeah that one has the Diablo boards. They pulled some of the orange out of them

Say what! Your welcome to discuss all you want, no one squashing anything. You just cant put other company’s advertising on this site! Pretty reasonable if you ask me, even if you dont ask!

1 Like

Does HLG publish a Light Distribution map at various heights?? 12, 18, 24, 30 inches.
Can’t find one on the HLG website.

They do for some. Which fixture are you looking for?

Either the 350r or 600 Bspec.

Hlg-350r

Hlg-600r b-spec

I believe both taken on 5’x5’ gird in open air.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. I could not find the metrics anywhere for HLG. I’ve heard a lot about this brand, my next door neighbor got one a year ago. I opted for a bar HYPHOTONFLUX HPF4000 at the time and wanted to compare them.
What do you think about this model?

Actual power:480W±3%
PPE:2.7μmol/J
LED brand:Samsung LM301B & Osram
Driver brand :Meanwell XLG-240-HAB(2pcs built in the driver box)
4’x4’ for flowering,5’x5’ for vegging
Full spectrum:3000k&4000k plus deep red 660nm
IP66-waterproof

1 Like

If specs are accurate seems alright. I would like to see these companies provide third party integrated sphere data like hlg, chilled tech, and others. It’s one thing to post the specs, but step above to provide verified performance metrics.

2 Likes