What are you using? Watts per sq ft

Hard to say. Could be you a great deal on a competitive light too.

The plants are already happier than the old lights, so it’s a success from that perspective.

Actually, just the change in light color made them look more healthy - it went from electric and purple to green, and in the former curling leaves look unhealthy when in the latter they look fine.

Now I just have to get the proper intensity. I have a lot of lamps, and as much space or as little as I need.

4 days with the new lights. I did a little LST yesterday morning, so they are looking fuller, but there is no doubt they experienced significant growth in the past 4 days.

They had 2 265 watt burple lights on them before the new lights arrived, currently 4 150 Watt panels, slightly more watts, but I’m fairly sure there is a lot more photons or better photons or something going on here.

Zkittles on the left, Gorilla Glue on the right - I raised my lamp by an inch yesterday afternoon, and it’s already closer to the light than it was before I moved it yesterday, so an inch plus in 16 hours or so.

10/17/20

10/21/20

3 Likes

Wow, 4 day difference thats some really good growth. They are definitely thanking you for the light switch up! Looks really good man!

1 Like

@dbrn32 They finally responded with the specs on my lamp. Can you help me to understand what these specs mean? These are for my 150 Watt lamp, it seems the 100 has the same ratio of 5K, 3K, and 660nm. This lamp has 15 660nm, 240 3K and 120 5K diodes. So it’s missing the UV and IR spectrums. I will post the color distribution after the main stats.

color distribution

26 watts per sq foot. Hlg260xl x2 and hlg 300l x1 in a 4x8 tent. Growing some ilgm gorilla glue and they are wicked tight nugs with a GodLike Dankness !!

1 Like

@BetrayedSoul Sounds pretty awesome, I have Gorilla Glue Auto’s and was thinking of switching to regular feminized. How big do the plants get? I’m thinking pretty small based on the Yield advertised by ILGM.

@Nothingshocking I’m growing feminized and 3 plants take up a 4x8 tent. Yield is hopefully over 1g watt.

My last grow I did 1 plant and got 11.5 zips.
That grow was more of a learning for new system I’m using.

1 Like

Wow, that’s really amazing.

3 plants take up a 4 x 8 tent? jeez, those must be some girthy ladies

kind of wishing I went for the HLG’s if they do that with 26 watts per sq ft, they will pay for themselves in energy savings

That info is kinda weird. It has different info listed for the same spec in different places.

1 Like

Ugh, well I’ll hope for the best, but I think the color temp is off.

Thanks for your advice bro.

1 Like

I’m currently running a mix of bulbs and a grow light for a total of ≈275w to cover a 2x2.

1 Like

@dbrn32 - I found another brand of lights sold under the name G.E.A.L.T.H on Amazon that appeared to be the exact same panel as the ones I bought branded as Kuarez. The pricing was about the same - $100 for a 150 Watt Panel with a $10 discount for the first purchase, so I picked one up in case I need another lamp, which I will if I don’t make the Bloom lamps we discussed in another thread.

But honestly, curiosity about the panel being the same as my Kuarez lamps fueled this purchase as well. I also picked up another Kuarez lamp a couple weeks ago because randomly it was $15 off and $85 is a good price for the light.

I’ve checked all of the components on my first batch of Kuarez lamps, my second purchase of a Kuarez Lamp, and the GEALTH lamp.

The Drivers are all identical.

The aluminum plates all seem to be identical as well down to the drill holes being in the same location and the same size.

The tags appear the same as well, with only the company name being different, and the gealth tag a bit crooked.

The underside of the plates has a stamp on the panel of diodes. This is the only area where the lamps differ. And in fact, the last Kuarez lamp I bought has the same diode panel as the GEALTH, but those slightly differ from the initial batch I bought on “Prime Day”. The difference is on the right side of the stamp - the font is different as well as one of the serial numbers.

Prime Day Kuarez lamp

Newer Kuarez Lamp

GEALTH Lamp

Knowing what I know about Chinese manufacturing and business practices, it is entirely possible that some oem light manufacturer is making them, and anyone can put a label on them with the right quantity purchased. I honestly believe this to be the case - Kuarez claims to have 10 years of light manufacturing experience, but oddly there is virtually nothing on the Web about them. Gealth however does have a history, but their description of the product has changed, and now they claim to use the same Samsung 301D led that Kuarez uses.

My only concern here is that I was bait and switched on my second Kuarez if the diode panel difference isn’t simply the result of a separate manufacturing run (I believe that is the reason for the slight differences in the label).

@ dbrn32 can you please take a look at the images above and let me know what you think? I would think you would be familiar with the way lights are labeled (Like I could explain what the NDC Label on a prescription mean from my day job). Any observations you have would be beneficial. The only thing I know for sure is that 375 is the number of diodes, and I believe the 20-04 at the end of the second Kuarez and Gealth light is a manufacture date.

Finally, since I have found that at least 2 companies are selling the same lamp, or possibly 1 company is selling the same lamp under 2 brands for some reason, is anyone else aware of any other companies that are selling this product, it’s interesting to me just to figure it out, but also to get the best price if I or anyone else wants to buy more.

1 Like

These are the Ladies when I put them under the new lamps on 10/17, the Zkittles was approximately 12 inches tall. They went in the dirt on 9/13.

These are the Ladies this morning. I have a hard time believing they have grown this much in 2 weeks, but I checked Amazon, and my deliveries arrived 10/15, 10/16, and 10/17. Zkittlez is 37 inches as of last night. They were under 530 burple watts before, and I replaced that with 550 Watts of this and have added a panel to put it as 700 watts, and the grow area is now 5 x 3. I had them a little closer together, but opened up the Zkittles last night for probably the last time. I’ll probably add a final panel whenever the Gorilla Glue starts flowering.

As far as I can tell the Gorilla Glue hasn’t done “the stretch” yet, and hasn’t really started budding despite the presence of “some” white hairs. Can anyone please confirm? I started giving blooming nutrients, and realized I started too soon. I switched back to veg nutrients this morning. She is 19 inches tall (from maybe 6 2 weeks ago) and very dense compared to the other plant.

1 Like

You are most likely correct. The numbers on the boards could even be from the pcb manufacturer too.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’d like to know if my lighting is adequate.

I have a 10’ x 10’ tent and three Spiderfarm SF-4000 lights. Each light hangs above a 5’ x 5’ area, over four plants. The lights draw ~430 watts from the outlet per light. So with three lights, I grow a total of 12 plants – 4 per light.

25 sq. feet / 4 plants = 6.25 sq. feet per plant
6.25 sq. feet per plant * 35 watts per plant = 218.75 watts needed. I read that 35w the minimum wattage per plant for LED lights, but that was pretty old info.

So, 430w > 218.75w, that looks like I’m OK, right?

2 Likes

@Uthon its per sq foot not per plant.

Ok, I found this umol/m2ss chart for the SF-4000 light at the manufacturer’s website.

And I did some reading to understand what it the heck umol, ppf, ppfd and so on are. The article at

states that plants need 20 - 40 moles per day, or 308 - 617 PPFD on a 18/6 cycle.

It looks like the SF-4000 can accomplish this at a 12" distance from the canopy out to a radius of 3 feet.

Am I doing this correctly?

2 Likes

Looks like you’re on the right track. Now factor for 12/12 schedule. That’s where it’s most important. Most lights can veg a plant but hitting DLI in flower is where a lot of lights fall short. I target 35 DLI for flower. I use this to calculate:

(PPFD) μmol m-2s-1 x (3600 x photoperiod) / 1,000,000 = DLI

You have your par map for the light so you can calculate what your DLI would be for 12hrs (photoperiod).

Is this discussion still rolling?