What are these spots?

Hi, I have 2 WW autos, ILGM seeds that are in about the 4th week of flowering. They look pretty good overall, but one of the has some spots on some older leaves as well as some drying of the older leaves.

I’m using fox farms nutrients and

they’re in a soil/coco/perlite mix under 2 900 watt LEDs. Temps are aroun 73-75 day and night, and the us 45-50. What is this?

Here’s a pic of the whole plant.

@JuliaBelle

Some kind of deficiency or build up… check this chart

@JuliaBelle just from looking at chart… its possibly a calcium deficiency. A lot of growers add cal-mag close to flowering to help this
Let me tag some more experienced growers
@bob31 @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Willd @Screwauger @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj

3 Likes

Please fill out the support ticket. There could be other reasons why those leaves look like that.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you @JuliaBelle

Thanks for the tag @VelcroThumb

3 Likes

Fill out bob31’s support ticket and I’m sure we’ll all be happy to see if we can help.

See ticket answers above

1 Like

Strain is WW Auto

1 Like

Also I am giving them cal/mag 1x per week. Nutrient lockout? Fox farms nutes

1 Like

probably pH / nute lockout

Nutrient_Chart2

What percentages of soil/ coco and perlite? What kind of soil? When you mix soil and coco the ph can get a little weird

What ff nutrients? And are you following the feeding chart? you would be on week 7 on their schedule this week.

How are you measuring your pH?

@JuliaBelle

Also the 900 watt LED is way too close. That needs to be more like 3 feet unless your manufacturer recommends those distances?

cal-mag once a month during flower is a good idea as well, yes!

don’t forget to tag like @bob31 when you reply!

1 Like

@bob31, it’s about 2/3 soil (organic mulch) and 1/3 coco with some perlite. I’m not using all of the FF nutrients. I have big bloom, tiger bloom, grow big, boomerang and Bembe. I’m following the schedule at week 8 but adding more than the recommended amount per gallon to get the PPMs up (about twice as much to get to 1200 PPM).

I have a highly recommended PH meter that I think is pretty accurate (digital, calibrated). Using PH Up to get the tap water to 6.5 for non-feed watering.

So should I flush? Do I need sledgehammer or is PH’d water enough? If so, how much to flush a 3-gal. Pot?

1 Like

Before you do that did u mix up that soil yourself it is that something you bought?

Have you checked your runoff pH?

Also you need to pH your nutrient mix as well. Not just your tap water.

So draw the water. Let it sit 24 hours. Add nutrients check and adjust pH.

@JuliaBelle

1 Like

Mixed it myself, and yes I PH the nute water and check the runoff as well. Everything comes out between 6.0 and 6.5. I do let it sit 24 hours too

Uh, I looked at it and it kinda looked like an old beat up leaf! What percentage of the plant would you say has these blemishes? Any particular region of the plant?

If it’s just a couple of leaves, it might be a matter of watch and wait…

@bob31 and @Myfriendis410 I would say about 10-15%. Here’s another pic

2 Likes

Well something may be going on. Good catch to look at it early. It’s possible the plant is going through its life cycle but it would be good to have one of the pros weigh in. Kind of early in flower though.

1 Like

You may want to flush the soil out
Fox farms has a high salt content that can cuase you to experience a lock out condition and I noticed you have coco and soil mixed together coco will reatain. The salt as well
If using ff nutrients why are you adding the calmag you should have enough available in the ff ?
Also are you mixing full streaght when mixing nutrients?
@JuliaBelle

1 Like

Cal mag is used and fairly high tds values, so a flush might not be a bad idea @Countryboyjvd1971.

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I read something about Cal/Mag being good to use in addition to the FF nutes, but maybe not? I am mixing full strength when mixing nutrients. So should I flush with just PH’d water or do I need to get FF Sledgehammer?

1 Like

You can flush with ph water but will need 5x pot size
I find it easier to use a product like sledgehammer personally
Iy can use cal mag but its usally not needed if mixing full streaght with ff trio
I have used it myself and keep some on hand just in case some plants will crave more
I was just asking cause i dont see a calmag issue
@JuliaBelle
Also ff suggests a few flushes during the grow
Just befire flower and twice more before harvest
Id havevto check schedule to see where exactly on feeding chart

1 Like