What are these hairs on my buds?

A couple of my (indoor grow) buds seem to have acquired a few fine hairs. They almost look like fine human hair rather than mite web, but I have no experience. I’m very close to harvest. What are theses things?? Is it a pest? Is it too late to treat?

1 Like

They look like either dog or human hairs? Are they all over the entire plant or just in one place? You can fill out a support ticket to give us a better knowledge of the issue

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?
Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you

I agree. Just pull them out. You’ll hate the taste if you smoke one…

2 Likes

I had to pluck a pupoyfrog hair off my hydroton the other day haha

2 Likes

What is the strain and type: Unknown strain bought in rockwool from local dispensary.
Plant is bushy in form, without a dominant stem.
Indoor grow in small bathroom.
Soil or Hydro? 6” rockwool cube.
pH? Down to flush with 5.8 pH tap water.
Type and strength of nutrients used? Elite nutes, but flush now. No TDS meter.
Temperature? 75°F daytime, 70°F nighttime.
Humidity %? 50-60% daytime, 40% nighttime
Light system? Varispectra 600W LED.
Ventilation system? None. Closed room.
Number “weeks/days” from into Season: Bought the plant 9 weeks ago, week 6 of bloom.

Hairs show on only two buds. One of the hairs was relatively strong, with one end darker than the other. Another hair was delicate like spider web. It’s early for harvest (see photo), but I could bail and harvest now if the future is grim.

Umm, I’m not sure hinestly about the delicate,spider wed like one.
@Hogmaster, @Majiktoker
What do y’all think?

1 Like

I agree with diesel I think it’s just human for pet hair reach in there and pull them off I don’t think you have anything to worry about it doesn’t look anything like a Web to me because it has color

3 Likes

Looks like human hair lol

2 Likes

Lol… your sticky little ladies are gathering everything and anything in the air, or on you during your contact. I am experiencing very similar hairs on my plants from my hippie mop. Time to bust out the shower cap and lab coat!

4 Likes

I agree with the rest of the group hair
Pull it and look at it under your loop you should be able to determine what it is :+1: