What are the common outdoor cannabis cultivation problems?

From preventing budworm to preparing for extreme weather, plan ahead to ensure a good harvest. Part II of a three-part series on outdoor, greenhouse and indoor cultivation problems.

3 Likes

All sorts of pest u have to watch out for rodents , powdery milldew ,spider mites ,fungus nats ,spiders ,to much to name ,

2 Likes

For us the humidity here in missouri caused a lot of mold and rot issues. That and the wind blowing the plants over and breaking branches. But totally worth it as 2 plants still gave us over 2 lbs of awsome buds

2 Likes

I actually grow indoors so i dont really deal with any of that sort of stuff

1 Like

Powdery Mildew and grey mold are numbers 1 and 2 from my 30 plus years of experience outdoor.

2 Likes

Good question, members have posted up some great comments. I would just like to add back in the day may not be a problem for you depending on the area, but deer would hit me hard in vegetation stage.

2 Likes

Camouflage. Even though it is legal to grow here I was concerned that someone would see it and I’d wake up one morning with nothing but a stump.

To counter this, plants were in bags so I could move them. I grew a tall screen of mammoth sunflowers. I also hung flowers or fake chili peppers on the branches.

2 Likes

Like everyone said.

1 Like

Yep - pests, weather (bud rot, PM), thieves, and cops (in illegal states).

1 Like

I was thinking of disease and insects but Helicopters have found alot of folks buds down south this year.

1 Like

Yeah you’d think they would find a better way to spend or budget the money.

2 Likes

I would love to grow outside but I live in the deep south and not looking to spend the next 20 years in the Gray Bar Hotel.

1 Like

Well they don’t call me gulf coast gurilla for nothing. :v:

1 Like