What are the common outdoor cannabis cultivation problems?

From preventing budworm to preparing for extreme weather, plan ahead to ensure a good harvest. Part II of a three-part series on outdoor, greenhouse and indoor cultivation problems.

3 Likes

All sorts of pest u have to watch out for rodents , powdery milldew ,spider mites ,fungus nats ,spiders ,to much to name ,

2 Likes

For us the humidity here in missouri caused a lot of mold and rot issues. That and the wind blowing the plants over and breaking branches. But totally worth it as 2 plants still gave us over 2 lbs of awsome buds

2 Likes

I actually grow indoors so i dont really deal with any of that sort of stuff

1 Like

Powdery Mildew and grey mold are numbers 1 and 2 from my 30 plus years of experience outdoor.

2 Likes

Good question, members have posted up some great comments. I would just like to add back in the day may not be a problem for you depending on the area, but deer would hit me hard in vegetation stage.

2 Likes

Camouflage. Even though it is legal to grow here I was concerned that someone would see it and I’d wake up one morning with nothing but a stump.

To counter this, plants were in bags so I could move them. I grew a tall screen of mammoth sunflowers. I also hung flowers or fake chili peppers on the branches.

3 Likes

Like everyone said.

1 Like

Yep - pests, weather (bud rot, PM), thieves, and cops (in illegal states).

1 Like

I was thinking of disease and insects but Helicopters have found alot of folks buds down south this year.

2 Likes

Yeah you’d think they would find a better way to spend or budget the money.

2 Likes

I would love to grow outside but I live in the deep south and not looking to spend the next 20 years in the Gray Bar Hotel.

1 Like

Well they don’t call me gulf coast gurilla for nothing. :v:

2 Likes

Are these helicopters finding small personal grows, or just larger ones? That is my only real concern where I’m at in central Florida.

Seems to be large grows as they make the news.

Mostly eurasian hemp borers and aphids. Deer can be a real issue too. People are one of the biggest threats to a safe crop. Funny thing though, legalization has really made the plant so common here that rippers are becoming a non issue. There is so much weed grown here its virtually free. No point in stealing something that someone would just give you if you asked nicely.

honestly, anyone that wants some pot just needs to ask.