What are some effective ways to tie down plants in double layer pots with hydroton

OG Kush Auto in Ebb & Flow 2-gallon buckets w/hydroton
feed 15-minutes cycle every 3 hours
GH Flora series at 1600ppm with Si and Cal-Mag

My 1st grow is going sideways. I wave not figured out a way to tie down for LST I put a Scrog on top but the nodes are so close together there is no room. There is just a huge mass of leaves. I have been trying to expose potential cola sights. I have to face the fact that I haven’t a clue and I’m trying to use common sense. Maybe I’m lacking, but I an also noy ready to give up. I have some lead weights on tie-down wire to help pull down the main top I removed the SCroG

Thanks for your time!

3 Likes

You can drill holes in the tops of the pot and use plant ties. I’m running a scrog and you have to just cut some branches off. I keep the best growing ones. Here’s mine

1 Like

Get some 1mm diameter copper wire and wrap around the stem a couple of times you can then bend the stem any way you like.

Still too small to do anything with a SCROG IMO. This value is WAY too high and much higher than the grow schedule calls for. You are at TRIPLE the nutrient load I used at that size. You WILL burn your plants. I see signs of issues that make me think you may have some root problems too.

How about filling this out and being as complete as possible? Please don’t tell us you have lights. Tell us what lights, etc.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks… I need all the help I can get

OG Kush Auto ILGM

Ebb and flow with hydroton

PH 5.8

6- 300watt LED full spectrum (not burple)

4 X 4 X 6’8” tent

75F night and 80F daytime

Daytime/nighttime humidity 44% to 50%

6” carbon filter 550 CFM blower

AC Dehumidifier and humidifier as needed

Can I use H2O2 to help with any root problems?

1 Like

Need to know:

reservoir size, reservoir temps, cycle time is every 15 minutes?

Let’s get a couple of hydro growers in here: @peachfuzz @Bogleg are you floating around?

1 Like

What’s the question?

H2O2 question?

Yes you can. It will kill any microbes, though, so if you are using beneficial microbes (i.e. Hydroguard) it will render it useless.

As for the tight nodes and lack of training options as a result… I think I would need some more pics. Generally if I don’t like the height on my plants I just let them grow taller and remove lower branches that will end up be larf/in the dark. If all the plants are the uniform in their growth, no reason you can’t run a low SCROG on them. Can you take a pic of the whole setup at once?

2 Likes

Resevior _20 gallon

Resevior temp 68F-70F

Feed cycle for 15 minutes every 3 hours

Pic

of the whole grow area

2 Likes

When I was growing in buckets I fashioned hooks to the buckets themselves (in my case on the lid, but in your case maybe you could do it on the upper lip of the buckets), and then just used some garden tie down material (like bread ties) to tie down branches.

2 Likes

Here is how I am doing my current grow, which has a bunch of plants from seed and therefore a lot of different things going on:

Basically I just installed a PVC frame around them from old parts I used for SCROGs in the past and tied the plants down to the frame… if I need to, I can string up a net on the frame for further training.

3 Likes

Thanks! Looks like a typical RDWC setup? Or is it some kind of ebb and flow I don’t know about?

Concerned about the high TDS numbers.

1 Like

Basic ebb and flow with 5" square pots on a 3x3 inside diameter tray over a 40 gallon reservoir. Flooding 15 minutes every 2 hours with lights on currently. To keep light out of the tray I just taped some panda film over the top of the tray and cut Xs in it big enough to hold the pots.

Oh, you were responding to him @Myfriendis410. :smiley:

3 Likes

I know what you’re running haha. What is this grower running as it looks like RDWC to me and not ebb and flow.

(Sorry, I’m smoking Thai Haze and it’s pretty good lol)

3 Likes

Ebb and flow feeding a 15 minute cycle every 3 hours except during dark

I’m using the pots(6) and control bucket from this system and swapping out 25 gallon reservoir.
Active Aqua 2 Gallon

2 Likes