What are my leaves telling me?

hmmm, was that the plant you insisted be moved out of the DWC and into soil, and didn’t improve till it was transplanted?

I went looking for the topic, came up empty…maybe if I read the forum posts before medicating?

I think that one didn’t make it but he’s got a nice one going in soil now

I did find the link and hooked it up but I guess the OP here already lost that pineapple plant in this thread :frowning:

1 Like

Made me look, I re-read the link you gave…I thought someone else had a drip ring too close to the medium…I don’t recall their solution.

Maybe this was the post I was thinking of, still not sure, but the babies had been kept too wet and were transplanted…

1 Like

How do I look at the “links” posted by other users?

kabongster - I am using two large cylinder stones in the DWC with one air pump - I mean, if that’s not enough, then I don’t know :thinking:

Thank you again.

2 Likes

@ChaoticGood, Here’s another chart I find easier to use.

I thing it’s important to get across pH is not static in nature. Wild plants acquire all levels pH during absorption of nutrients. Some chelated salts are more readily available as curtain pH while others need higher or lower.

This may in fact be me nit picking, but “Hydroponics”, as Google defines is:
(hy·dro·pon·ics
ˌhīdrəˈpäniks/Submit
noun
the process of growing plants in sand, gravel, or liquid, with added nutrients but without soil.)

Aquaponics as defined by Google is:
(aq·ua·pon·ics
ˌäkwəˈpäniks,ˌak-/
noun
a system of aquaculture in which the waste produced by farmed fish or other aquatic animals supplies nutrients for plants grown hydroponically, which in turn purify the water.)

…and requires a higher pH, that doesn’t coincide with either pH table, but is still Hydroponically grown.
(With respect to the soil-aquaponic growers, and dual root zoners).

While there is the ability to raise pH the conventional Hydroponics, most companies choose to formulate their premix nutrients brands with chelated salts designed for lower pH, sometime simply for the cost and regularity.

4 Likes

pigSquishy - I only used the cylinder stones because I saw a video suggesting those but I believe the flat disks might be better (simply based on visually seeing them, no real experience).

Dumme - thank you for the information. At the beginning of the grow, I imagined myself as some crazy chemist trying to get everything right. As time went on, I realized the pH fluctuations are good for the plant (and that I’m nowhere near a chemist :joy:).

Thank you for the chart, I love those.

ChaoticGood

1 Like

great chart dumme,i will bookmark this one!

1 Like