What are everyone’s prices it costs them in power indoors to grow there weed?

Hi everyone, I’m just wondering if you would like to comment how much it costs you to grow your favourite plants indoors? I have no idea how much it costs so in trying to get an idea.
Happy Growing :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

For the month of June my bill was $115.00. That’s three grow rooms with around 35 plants between all the rooms. Three separate air conditioners, two dehumidifiers, and eight HLG 550 lights.

6 Likes

The answer is going to vary for everyone, because electricity costs are different depending on where you live. My answer is, “Much less than the value of my crop.” I’ve got too many tents, lights, heaters and {de}humidifiers now to bother figuring it out…

Somewhat related, here is a handy tool you can use to figure out how much your electrical devices are costing each month:

3 Likes

I don’t have a huge set up but I have a 10x10 grow room with a 2x4 and 4x4 Tents with 800 watts of light total plus all the other jazz not sure how much I’m drawing but my power bill went up 40 bucks I live in a rural area

hey thats not bad! But the total cost of operation requires depreciation and eventual replacement costs including initial investment on gear spread out over the life of the equipment. Then you have perishables such as fertilizers, soils, pesticides, bulbs, ph pen calibration solution, containers, etc. I think if we added up the total cost per ounce you would be surprised just how much it really costs.
Its one reason some small growers are having a tough time in the legal market, because after all of these expenses they are forced to sell their product to the givernment approved sellers for a fair bit below market value only to be taxed on their sales as well! That does not leave much in the bank account!

2 Likes

Several months back I had a separate service ran for just those three sheds. I’ve been growing outside for about forty years, but am fairly new to growing inside. DBRN32 hooked me up on my lights. Every since then I’ve been averaging right at a pound of trimmed bud. I don’t make money :yen: n any of it. I don’t sell any of it. It all goes to family, and friends. I don’t want them buying off the streets. So cost really doesn’t matter. It’s one of the two hobbies I live for. Due to the job I’ve got I haven’t smoked Cannabis in probably 35 years. I did try some the last two days due to working from home while the virus restrictions are on. I really didn’t find it any more potent than the weed I grew forty years ago. I’ve heard it was stronger, but didn’t find it to be. And I had it tested. Everything I’ve been growing has been between 18, and 22 percent.

3 Likes

Purported to be that percentage? Are you growing from seed? You can be fairly close to the reported figures with clones assuming the same growing conditions. Some of that ( high ) is a combination of the THC/ CBD and the terpines that are there. The terpines are genetic but can be greatly influenced by the grower. Many of the new hybrids I find cause me anxiety and paranoia. I grow old school for this reason.

5 Likes

Since I’ve started growing my electricity bill has went up about $215 a month

1 Like

See I reduce consumption by vegging indoors with a highly efficient light and doing the bulk of the growing under sunlight. Its kinda the best of both worlds.

1 Like

I am in the chicagoland area and my bill went up similarly. 2. sf2000 4in vent fan and a oscillating fanFor my townhouse, $263 this month.

I grow from both seed, and clones. I also farm some of my own seeds.

The pic of early budding is one of my LSD clones that’s in one of my sheds. They are about a month in flower. The other pic is a Gelato that’s about a month and a half old that I recently put in one of our vegetable gardens.

2 Likes

I only use lights and a 6 inch clip fan in my 2x4x6. My two hlg 100s run me $10 a month, about $40 for 3/4 lb of bud. I guess about $45 in nutes and a co2 bag $35… 3 plants $120 and 3/4 lb

What are you calling old school?

I think the more pertinent question at hand is the actual cost of your grow vs. the market cost. So, what does it cost per gram of product you obtained?

@Harrison1 with adding one fan, one light and a humidifier mine went up 30 bucks a month. We just added a 2nd light to our tent im think it will maybe go up another 10 or so. Hope this helps! Your bill is going to go up, but on the other hand your growing your own bud which means less money spent on bud to smoke.

1 Like

There are formulas to figure the exact cost. Using the (actual power draw of your light * number of hours per day) * days per month to figure the total number of kilowatt hours used.

Then multiply that by your power provider’s charge per kilowatt hour.

Google “how much does it cost to power a (your light’s actual wattage) watt light per month?”

1 Like

Balkhi from Afgjanistan original landrace/ heritage and a Johaar from the Himalayas. About as old as you can get :laughing:

5 Likes

Oh and I refer to oldschool as original strains. The kind of thing that is heritage or something that has been aroundbfor decades. You can access these types of weed from RSC, recently Angus has added a Heritage lineup, only a few strains, but I would love to grow them out.
Im not a huge fan of modern hybrids, the trend has been to create super high thc with very little cbd and that combo doesnt work for me especially if Im smoking sativas! They make me feel sketchy! Plug me into old hash strains and Im happy :blush:

2 Likes

6 ft x12 ft 4 plants 8 lights 1 ac 2 exhaust fans and 2 circulating fans and wrest of house about 10 dollars a day

1 Like

The LSD I smoked from my last harvest had me anxious big time. The Gold Leaf Auto I grew in the vegetable garden, and recently harvested had a good high, and taste. I’m going to have to take a look at the site you spoke of for some old school seeds. Once I get seeds going I usually will feminize my own seeds.

1 Like