What am IGUANA do? HELP!

I wouldn’t call you a freak because you tried iguana. I would try it myself if I had the chance.

2 Likes

Thanks, I have a weak Ego. I felt compelled because they went to all the work to cook us the meal, and they were shovelling it down like Bahamian Lobster with Yellow tail Snapper. Thanks again

Lol, that was nice of them to do that for you. You can’t turn it down. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just a note idk if your still dealing with the iguana problem but if you do decide to ever try to feed the big guy give him collards dandelion greens squash grapes apples anything like that avoid lettuce it destroys there insides plus you could pit it away from your garden so he has a food supply and isnt tempted to get stoned again lol. I had iguanas growing up they can be hard headed plus the food might be a good alternative later in the year when your paprika and garlic plants die off if they die off

2 Likes

I have been using powdered garlic & paprika, and it’s worked out amazingly well. In addition, my Miniature Dachsund Service Dog went after him. She couldn’t harm a flea, but she harasses my stoner iguana on a consistent basis. What’s left of the Blackberry Kush is Budding nicely, and is being left alone. I am sure the spices are working, but I have to be hypervigilent after it Rains. My next grow I am going to take your advice and grow the paprika & garlic. I will have to research, and find out if it will grow in S.Florida. Thanks again, Brent

2 Likes

Can anyone one of my friends out there elaborate on external factors that make such a difference in every way. For example, I have two Blackberry Kush plants budding that survived the iguanas onslaught. The differences between the two are a quantum leap in opposite directions. I am ignorant at the moment, and I would love any feedback from yall. I am a diagnosed over compulsive autodidact, so please save me from going on another learning tangent because I don’t have the time, but it’s driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Is there a way to slow or alter giant differences from the same seed batch? They both get one stoned, yet is there any controls? I will send pics in the Morning before I leave to work, so yall can see what I am trying to type. Thank you, bewildered in the Swamp with a stoner iguana forced into rehab with garlic, paprika, and a miniature dachshund.

3 Likes

Bob, SmoknGranny, ect., and the solid people have taught/ learned many things from please help we a solution, hypothesis, or if it’s been figured out. I have issues, and anyone who has read anything written by me clearly demonstrates that I fall short in many aspects. My word is solid, so any information, hypothesis, or answer given to me on this subject will be the last time for the rest of my existence on earth that I ask, or e en come on. I have two Blackberry Kush plants budding that survived the iguana, yet they are very different in several ways. It is a rhetorical question because I think Bob wrote me about external factors, yet is there anything I can do to help the identical seeds stay to the type I like? I will take a couple of pictures of each plant, so you can see the difference. In conclusion, any way to sway the outcome. Greatfully & Lastly, SFl.Ssamp

2 Likes

I will take anther pic of the smalk one again because it’s not very clear.

2 Likes

I am no expert but I am growing White Widow and Gold Leaf plants from seeds purchased from ILGM.

Each of the plants has similarities to the others of the same strain but they are, in fact, very different from one another. This is due, I believe, to the fact that all of these strains are hybrids and may exhibit different characteristics from the “parent” strains. This is true even from seeds that came from the same plant.

You may be able to train them to behave in the fashion that you desire but there is a limit to what you can do. Genetics are still a major factor over which we have no control other than purchasing from reputable seed banks with good genetics (or producing our own seeds).

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. It’s amazing how the seeds are awesome from IGLM, but the characteristics can be such a quantum difference. The pics are horrible, but one looks 100% sativa, yet the other looks 100% Indica. In past outcomes both get the job done, so I am not wining. I was trying to get a scientific explanation, and your feedback has satisfied my curiosity. Thanks, now I can finally wrap my mind around the conundrum that I have pondered/researched countless hours. I needed to read it from a fellow grower, and not from reseaching indiscriminately.

1 Like

The sun is gone today due to the beginning of the rain season, so I am going to take a couple of pictures to show the difference. The previous picture’s were horrific, but hopefully these will show how the same seeds can manifest in such a different way.

2 Likes

The first carries a Indica, and the second pic grew fast lanky like sativa. I will forward one more pic with both in focus. I ordered the blackberry seeds a couple of months ago, so I could try it out before the heat sets in. I will grow full sativa Jamaican in summer now, and the outcome is 100% predictable.

3 Likes

I wanted to take a moment to give thanks to your explanation. Respectfully

2 Likes

Seeds (even from the same plant) are a total craps shoot. Just like kids from the same mother and father. Somewhat the same but distinctly different. This is because each seed is the result of genes from both parents that can each go one of four ways. Multiply that by thousands of genes, and you can see why.

If you want identical plants, find a good one you like and then clone it. Keep one of them inside under 18/6 light and feed it lightly and you get a mother plant you can take clones off for years. Cloning weed is very easy.

1 Like

That was the most scientific explanation I have read in reguards to the matter of differences even in the same seed batch from IGLM. I will not buy from any other seed company because everything I ordered has grown beautiful & potent. I appreciate your use of a metaphor to make it easily comprehensible. Greatfully, SFSWAMPMAN

BS in Biology! It’s nice that some of the stuff I learned way back then is still useful.

Each seed presents a phenotype (an expression of it’s genes). We see a tall one, a short one, etc. which is probably just a single gene or a small number of genes. If the breeder can isolate the particular trait they are stabilizing the strain. Their seeds will breed true for that trait. But size is just one of thousands of traits! There can be other important traits (like THC production) that you can’t see, but have to grow the plant out, harvest, and measure it in a lab. I think THC production is the most important trait they try to isolate. Size and growth speed is nice, but a strain that all looks the same but has varying THC is pretty useless.

A lot of these strains are hybrids that don’t have thousands of years of evolution to select for the best possible genes. So when we plant them we get some combinations of indica and sativa, squat, tall, etc.

Bigfella, I never wrote I had a BS in Botany. I took one class as a prerequisite for my Major. Most of the fundamentals have remained constant, but it has made quantum leaps in many decades since I daydreamed while the Professor wrote on the chalkboard. I was already told exactly what you wrote me, but I liked the metaphor about children from the same family. I am disabled, and I work in the Construction industry to make extra money. I wish I hsd the time to do all the things you mentioning, yet I am quite happy buying seeds from ILGM. I have had a great streak with every order, so I am happy. Do I wish on my last grow I had the time/energy to keep a Purple Haze & Blackberry Kush select going? Yes, I would. Wishes do not always come through because I would prefer to let fate/genetics take over. Limited free time makes it an easy choice to fish the Gulfstream on my Boat to catch Mahi Mahi, and still get stoned on ILGM Buds with Genetic Variation. Everyone who smokes my bud loves it, and one can up the THC production by doing the oldest trick in the Book! Just before harvest split the trunk, and it will shock the plant. Result is extra nectar from the Gods!!!

Sounds great, and I love Mahi Mahi. I’m disabled too, with a pretty mild case of MS so far. Weed helps me sleep and helps my balance. My peripheral neuropathy is improved too. I took one course in Botany and had to drop it. Couldn’t draw worth a damn. I concentrated in genetics and systems ecology but that was 45 years ago! My current work is being retired and growing avocados and weed.

1 Like

I love a avacado salad with my grilled Mahi Mahi! Have a good Day, 1BigFella

1 Like

I make a lot of fish tacos with avocado slices in them. Hass avocados though. I like to let them stay on the trees for months, so the fat content goes up. Hass will just get better and better without falling off the tree. I don’t know if the Florida varieties will do that. Some strains just have a definite harvest date or they start to rot. Got a good crop coming this year.