What am I doing wrong with my grow?

Question from a fellow grower!

Was asked what kind of lights got EZORKAS 9 Dimmable Levels Grow Light with 3 Modes Timing Function for Indoor Plants from Amazon - blue and red LED - doesn’t give lumens or color temp on light and I threw away the box. This worked in early spring for other herbs and they grew as expected.

On for nine hours during the day, then in darkness at night.

Haven’t overwatered and gave some very diluted mix of General Hydroponics FloraGro, FloraMicro and FloraBloom

Last year’s plants were pretty impressive at two months. Did I lose my green thumb? Any suggestions appreciated.

Grow lights

This plant is two months old, too?

1 Like

It has been overwatered-overfertilized and your lights are way off. Run them 18 on 6 off. Good luck!

2 Likes

I think that light is only pulling an actual 15 -25 watts from the wall. If so, that might work for seed starting or barely keeping new clone cuttings alive. Or for growing small herbs or lettuce or things that don’t want much light.

1 Like

Is this what you have? If so, you will not be able to grow anything with it

When you can afford a different light, let us know and we can guide you towards something that will work

It will be anywhere from 150 up, give or take

2 Likes

I agree with the above. The way her medium is showing wet but she is droopy? Looks to me like overwatering.

And if that is your light above, u are going to need something more intense to grow properly. Typically we want 50 watts per ft ²

2 Likes

most places i’ve seen recommend 100W per sq ft and i’ve seen one site say each plant, needs 150W minimum to do seed to harvest but here we are again with SO much information. I’D, lean towards the higher wattages just because if the low threshold was 50 and the upper (minimum) was 150 i’d be buying the 150, lol. That’s how I’M wired though :wink:

1 Like

All I know is if it has a clip on and multiple wands, it’s not good for growing weed

1 Like

Name says it all. All these products with all caps names that are really strange spellings and stuff… as soon as you see that on Amazon you should know what you’re getting.

1 Like

??? Really? i always saw 50. 100 seems like over kill. 400w in a 2 x 2 tent? Yup overkill.

HLG is actually more around 35W per ft ². Not saying u havent seen the info but just seems a tad on the high side

1 Like

The first place i started this venture at (via suggestion) was grow wee(d) ea(sy) (dot com) and it may have been there, or some of the other avenues i went before coming here ultimately. I’m pretty positive i got the 150Wmin per plant from GWEdotCOM but honestly don’t remember at this point. I just aimed to give what i was doing, that much or more and rolled on with that “knowledge” , lol

3 Likes

I’m gearing up to be running 26.6w per sqft this run. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

Dang how many pot sites you hang out at you pot site floozy

4 Likes

haha, was that to ME??? it doesn’t show you replied to anyone. hey man, i went to the first one i mentioned on recommendation from LOCAL friends end of last year or beginning of this. THAT is where i started my venture. They’re not TOO far off from most of the info found here but not as thoroughly “instructed” and explained. The other sites i’ve visited were “periphery” suggestions branched oFF that site or from talking to others. It didn’t take long to realize once i was sent HERE< that THIS, is where i was going to reside and trust my information from. The light thing though, i read that ALSO by searching “how big of a light do i need to grow cannabis” and that’s where a lot of the 150Wmin per plant info came from online :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah it was to you, and I was just busting your pollen sacs

The idea of being a pot site ho just cracked me up but I understand all the good information you can find adds to the knowledge arsenal

2 Likes

This is why using DLI is a much better measure of correct amount of light. Plants only take on so much before they reject utilizing any more light. With quality lights you can fairly easily determine what your DLI is but without a PAR meter it’s hard to do with the off brand lights. Generally though; LED’s of inferior quality will still produce dense flower at ‘around’ 50 watts per square foot. Doubling or tripling that number just means more money spent on electricity and more electricity used to reject the waste heat of so much light.

2 Likes

I’m at the noob point where you might as well be talking Swahili

Have to learn that stuff but I get the impression that numbers are involved and, well, numbers and me, we don’t really get on like we probably should

1 Like

Bahahaha. Ur on a roll this morning bro.

I gotcha @TheVirginian I can see the per plant thing. No fuss no muss

2 Likes

Lmmfao. Check some older posts. @dbrn32 used to :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: my brain biweekly. Some of that ish looks so foreign it may as well be Mandarin

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74
I bet you and I having a doob and a few beers would be a hoot

3 Likes