What am I doing wrong to these starters?

Hello! Please be kind, my first ever post.
This is the 4th go, and I’m already failing. The others ended in disaster. I’m doing something wrong as I see others getting results.

Why are these guys dying? Germinated approx 4 weeks ago, was fine looking yesterday, today this is the result, I lost about 6 so far.

I want to see some results before I start with the expensive seeds.

HELP!!!

1 Like

I notice a jug of brown water. I hope that is sun tea you are drinking and not nutrient mixed water.
Seedlings dont need nutrients that early and it looks like they have nutrient burn.

Hopefully an experienced soil grower will chime in. I grow hydro.

4 Likes

What type of soil you chose to use and what type of water are you using? I’m brand new to this too but with fox farm ocean forest soil and Distilled water and so far there doing good but I Never added Fertilizer or nutrients untilThey got about 4-5 sets of the fan leafs. These are white widow at 4 1/2 weeks old

Good catch @BetrayedSoul! They are correct seedlings don’t need any nutrients until their cotyledon start to turn brown. Also when they are that small they need very little water and lots of humidity. Plus like @ZigZag has explained, depending on soil of choice you may not need to feed for several weeks.

What has been your feeding and watering schedule?

Those looked nute burned. Can you please fill out a support ticket and tell us what exact soil you are using and what you are watering them with?

Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you’re using.
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

Thanks BetrayedSoul!

The brown water is for another grower.

That’s what I thought too, nutrient burn but we only use well-water/ (hard water).

I just jumped to “uh-oh! another Kenny screw-up”, so I jumped out here first.

Thanks again, and great job every one!

@kennyoc I don’t blame you I’m practicing up to before I buy mine

Yes great job this website rocks and roll with a joint in are moith

1 Like

@ziziag they look a little rough but they will be ok I think

Beat of luck beginner39!!!

I’m going to start my very first grow, in ocean forest in a few days. Can u tell me which nutes your using, when you started to and how’s you grow going so far?

Looks like you started with Peat plugs? I am not a big fan though I have used them. It is best to cut the bottom of them off or open before moving, (in your case to Solo cups), so the roots wont fail to get out of the netting. With the top of them above soil, they could be wicking away moisture from your seedlings.
Not saying any of this is your problem, but worth thinking about.

I read on another post that someone was struggling using well water and struggled and it turned out to elevated levels of iron in the water. Just idea but that would explain it, might wanna check the water or try bottled water for a bit just to see.

PH and PPM of your well water?