What a DISASTER!

A total disaster is all i can say. Was chillin at home when i heard a loud snap like a tree loosing a limb, went to investigate and i coulda nearly cried when i saw one of my beloved GG’s was split in two.:sob::frowning::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Was going to rip it out but thought I’d give it some first aid👨‍🍳 & see if she will pull thru. Did the repair within a few minutes of it happening so hopefully she will have a good chance.
If anyone has had this happen & has any tips for first aid i would love to hear your experience.
@garrigan62 @anon78295680 @Hungrybud @tanlover442 @Sugarbayallstar

6 Likes

Honey mate, but outdoors it may draw pests.

3 Likes

@Hungrybud
Don’t have any and i won’t be going out again until tomorrow. Do u have to put it on right away or can it wait until then ?
Cheers

1 Like

Do you have an Aloe Vera plant , Honey works best (I think) but Aloe is good. Pull her back up tie it with something that will not cut into the stem I use plant wrap tape maybe something you can loosen as it heals. You can fix it man!

4 Likes

Aloe is very good. Great for cloaning as well. Real aloe. Straight from the plant is preferred.

5 Likes

Mate I had the same thing happen to my gg yesterday but just a side branch not as big as that, and it’s all good just tied it up, now every thing is tied up to the main trunk

No aloe vera either, had heaps growing at the last place i was living. Hopefully she pulls thru without any extra help.

@anon78295680, have u had strong winds your way also ? Been bad here since yesterday, 35kmph wind with gusts reaching 65kmph.

Yeah it’s breezy but nothing that strong, out of all three strains gg seems to have the skinnier branches, it pull thru it still looks like it has heaps of Cambriam layer left attached , Oh I just saw u said u were gona rip it out :grimacing::scream_cat::scream_cat: never do that before u ask us ! Nearly had a heart attack when I saw that

She will still heal, the other helps to seals the wound to keep out bacteria and not attract pests, plus the healing properties.

1 Like

Got a friend nearby that has some aloe, would it be of any help to put some around the split without taking the cable ties off, or just leave it & pray.:pray:

1 Like

There’s a good chance she’ll heal. Looks like enough left connected. I’d cut the zip ties and tape her. Electrical/vinyl tape works well because it can move with the plant and comes off easily.

5 Likes

Not a disaster. Your plant willl be fine. The first time it happened to me I freaked too but I learned it happens less often if the branches get some support from a wire cage before they get heavy. I do a similar thing as you but not so tightly, the zip ties may stunt the plants growth by constructing the trunks ability to grow thicker.
I have used bamboo branches to support a broken branch at the crotch and have loosely bound the split area with some garden twine.
They are amazing plants and can suffer lots of accidents like this without missing a stride.
Good luck!

2 Likes

You all ready got her tied up so just leave it as is. You’ll be surprised how well she recovers. I have had this happen to me more than a few times and honey is the best. I keep a jar on hand. I think every grow room should have some on hand just in case and you’ll be ready. But ya she’ll be fine. You did a good job. I have also done this to … Look the plant over and see if you think that there mite be another weak spot. If so tie it off so that it don’t break off.

Best of luck and good job

Will

3 Likes

I did the same thing with one of mine, just tied it up and she never missed a beat

I am sure she will be just fine

2 Likes

Mother Nature is telling you it’s time to support all the plants.
Cages, the plastic covered rods…anything that will help your growing plants stabilize.

Since you got repair done within minutes is very good. Shouldn’t have any problems with that one break repair.

I had that happen n repaired it with ties like you did it healed rightup…

1 Like

You did just fine and I’m sure by now you know she recovered.

One thing I will suggest is to remove those ties in a week or so as they will grow into the plant (or the plant will grow around them) and cause a potential problem later. Best just to clip them once the knuckle forms at the injury. You may want to add a bit of support to heavy branches.

1 Like

@garrigan62 @tanlover442 @Liljoe @Myfriendis410 @Holmes @Drinkslinger @Greenbuck @kensey1957 @Painfree @Hungrybud

Hopefully she will recover, the half that broke and fell on the ground is looking quite sad with all the leaves just drooping & has gone that dark green colour. With any luck the small buds will continue to grow.
It only happened yesterday from strong winds & because it had forked into two from tipping early on an not so much the weight of the branches.
Don’t think it will grow much now as its in flower but i will remove cable ties in a week & put some tape on it instead. Going to try different methods next year as it gets quite windy here at times & will always be a problem.
Thanks for all the advice guys & girls.:+1:
(Toasted up GG buds last night of a broken branch, it was bloody good for immature & unnaturaly dried bud. My eyes hadn’t been that red in a long time. :expressionless:)

3 Likes

Sorry i cant give like to that. Hope she pulls through. This could be a very memorable harvesr

1 Like

How did she go?