We've all seen ripoffs and copycats before, but Vivosun clearly has no shame!

I don’t know the answer to this but how much of the ac infinity fan is actually made in America? Is it like hlg that just buys the parts from a foreign source and put it together here and call it American made. Same thing with Ford Chevy and thousands of other companies

I was a truck driver in my former life and moved to the Mexican border to keep myself busy

2 Likes

Honestly this wasn’t about made in America or China or anywhere else to me. I don’t mind buying foriegn products at all as long they’re made well. I just don’t like leeches, lol. If AC Infinity was a foriegn company, I’d feel the exact same way. I respect them for what they designed, and how they stand behind it, not where they’re from. @frogyrogy is 100% correct, these knock off companies have never engineered a single product themselves.

4 Likes

I agree I doesn’t matter to me where a product is produced if it is quality at a fair price. We do tend to purchase through local shops of the prices are close.( many times local prices beat online) I’ll quickly share a personal experience. I used to do a lot of hvac work at the Chrysler facility just outside of st louis. I noticed the maintenance ( all of them) personell would avoid doing any work all day on regular shift so that work would become necessary on weekends and holidays ( overtime pay) and when a new plant manager attempted to stop this they really began to do less and on model changes many would not show up causing production slowdowns. I told them that that 60k truck should only cost 30k but because of them and others like them the vehicles are overpriced and I would never buy a Chrysler product ever again. I know I didn’t singlehandedly cause it but the p,ant moved to Mexico and the property has been an empty field for several years now. So it’s people on the production lines with their dishonest work ethic that mostly contributes to the foreign companies replacing American producers. I love that this forum is multinational and not exclusively American and nationalism shouldn’t be tolerated here. Thanks to all those who contribute here without feelings of national superiority.

2 Likes

I drive one of those Cummins Dodge 2500’s built in mexico.

2 Likes

Every war is only a mass cover up for stealing , but it requires a lot of drugs to power over and run a country ?
Whoever pays the piper , gets to play the tune ?
Vietnam = Heroin
Desert Storm = Heroin
It’s thee only drug that kills billions and make billions ?
Any and every war is not political , it’s just robbery !

That is a nice one off tho

What do they say? “ impersonation is the most sincere form of flattery” ?

1 Like

To be honest a lot of product made overseas is great. We think it is cheap crap because we buy their cheap stuff. They had the very best orbital concrete grinders to be had. We paid 50k a pop. Their military is on par or better than ours in most areas. If i am not mistaken their shinzen or whatever area puts out some of the best lights around. People all over the planet grow and grow well.
Most have not heard of HLG or other American brands and do great. Take top bin chips and driver…pay someone a dollar a day to makem…cant compete. They could give 2 craps on service. They got theirs. But does not mean crap light or gear always. Hated buying from asia for our company but nobody here had anything worth a tar.

I would not buy it simply for fact that vivosun and vivohome fans are known for fire hazards I’ll stick with the ac fans I have lol

1 Like