We've all seen ripoffs and copycats before, but Vivosun clearly has no shame!

Hey all, I’m not a fan of Vivosun to begin with. I bought a few of their products over the last few years and most of it was junk. An ad for this total rip off of AC Infinity fans showed up in my feed this morning. At first I thought one company might have bought the other, but as I looked closer it was clear that Vivosun just threw a cheap version of an awesome product out there. If you look at the specs, it’s similar in appearance only. The CFM’s don’t come close to the AC Infinity models. That tells me they didn’t care about the technology, they only cared that it looked close enough to fool people.
Not sure why this ticked me off so much, other than the fact that AC Infinity’s customer service has been exceptional every time I’ve needed them for anything, and their products have helped me to accomplish everything I’ve done in my grow room for the last 4 plus years. Anyway, if you’re on Amazon looking for an exhaust fan, don’t get fooled by the $10 lower price, you’d be buying a far inferior product!

7 Likes

Mericans…Day so dummmm

3 Likes

We are. Smoke too much weed.

2 Likes

Yeah - that’s why we have the power to erase any country on this planet off the face of it!
Sooo dum…right

2 Likes

Afghanistan, Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, Japan - None of those turned out so great, although Hiroshima was a blast!

It wasn’t intended to be a war mongering comment!

It was a dumb americans will buy anything as long as its cheap and disposable, why not allow Reverse Engineering of everything good and sell crappy knock-offs, someone will drop a CC# and buy it five times in the expected useful life of something of relative quality.

3 Likes

Unfortunately most do

2 Likes

I just think that only Americans can call us dumb. Just like if you ain’t black you can’t use the N word or call somebody queer if you ain’t queer!
And lets just be fair - Canadians and French people are the exact same!!
I have to assume you’re one of those because of your name being in French - forgive me if I’m wrong.
But China ships it’s stolen and inferior products to those countries also - because people there buy it also!

It’s one of those “when you point a finger, remember - 4 are pointing right back at you” things!

Happy Growing Everyone!

I’m out!!

4 Likes

I am American…Born and raised here.
And I am cynical enough to think at least 50% of us are DAF, and we are losing in the world in everything, and it saddens me to no known depth.

1 Like

Ok, so what does everyone think of the rip off fan? Lol
I just took it personally because AC Infinity has been a great company for me, and I like to give loyalty when it’s earned. It’s not nearly as big of a deal as I’m making it out to be, everyone rips off successful products. I just feel bad for however much AC Infinity is going to lose as a result, and all the people unknowingly buy inferior junk!

5 Likes

Been going on for a long time in many different industries. Know your product, it’s not the manufacturer job to educate the public.

3 Likes

Apologies @Cap_Ron !

Sincerely had no intention on this becoming pseudo political.

Sorry man!

3 Likes

It’s pretty hard to stay away from politics when talking about this topic but I’ll try. This is the reason America is going down we allow companies from countries to sell their products in the US at lower prices than any American company can compete with so they go out of business trying. That’s why there’s very little manufacturing done in America anymore. Now the reason these foreign companies can build things cheaper is less regulation in their country. Now I’m not saying we should allow slave labor or environmental control in America I’m saying that we need to demand they follow the same rules

5 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien, I took your comment as the harmless joke that it was!

2 Likes

Well Ron I’m going to guess that the fan like the same ones now sold by spider farmer Mars hydro and a few others are going to be right about the same as the ac infinity fan and like these companies are hurting hlg with their lights that are so close in quality as hlg whether everyone agrees or like it it’s just how it is. The prices are low enough that it makes it worth buying slightly inferior products because you can simply buy more for less period.
I’ll use lights as an example why buy 600w for $1000 when you can get 1000w for the same price because the 600w is about equal to 700w of the lower quality light so you will get whatever production the other 300w gets for free

2 Likes

Typical Chinese R&D . . . copy whatever is popular and selling, U.S. or other country’s patents be damned. No shame whatsoever, they’re laughing all the way to the bank while Americans (and others) buy their ripoff products.

Want it to stop? Don’t buy it . . . but of course too many people think saving $10 personally is worth crippling their nation’s retailers, manufacturers and economy in general. Folks have no clue how much more this is going to cost them in the future.

3 Likes

I hear you @MeEasy, and I understand your points. I think it just really touched a nerve when I saw the controller for the Vivosun fan. It looks like there is a clear intention to deceive someone into thinking it’s someone else’s product. Again, I know I’m making more of it than it truly is, it’s just that I really like AC Infinity, lol.

1 Like

Or we can just jail the politicians who allow this to happen because they are getting paid by the other countries and or companies. Your not going to convince people not to save money

Edit = sorry I went a tiny bit political here, and I will stop here or the tiny bit will end up growing because I’m very passionate about this subject

6 Likes

You get more than just a better product for the extra $10 with AC Infinity. You get to talk with the folks who engineered it if you need to. Try that with Vivosun. An AC Infinity tech spent time on the phone with me because of an alarm issue on one of my controllers a couple of years ago. When he determined that the controller was bad, he overnighted me a whole new fan and controller. I’d say that’s worth the extra $10.

3 Likes

Look at the ones sold by the other companies I mentioned above… I’m guilty of buying these cheaper products which I guess makes me a hypocrite but like I said you can not stop people from saving money. I do try to buy American made but I was forced into retirement and I’m on a very tight budget because of it and there’s alot of products you cannot get American made because no one make it here

3 Likes

You’d still have to call AC Infinity to talk to the engineers . . . regardless of which copy you have. Those Chinese companies ain’t engineered anything but the reverse-engineering process.

2 Likes