Wet Towel Smell during Flower

Hey everyone, could use a little help… I have on a few occasions had my buds lose their smell and develop an almost wet towel smell, only way I can think to describe it. It seems to go away after harvest dry and cure, but the smell of the bud is definitely weakened. I was stoked because everyone talks about how great winter grow’s are with LED, but I am constantly fighting low humidity issues. I tried using a cool mist humidifier that does help but it is something I have to monitor often.

Type - LED / Soil grow with Ocean Forest and Coco coir in tent.
Strain - Girls Scout Cookies / Auto Fem

1 Like

I probably don’t know what I’m talking about here, but I was thinking you weren’t supposed to mix soil and coco. I don’t know if that could be your issue, or not, so don’t bank on me.

1 Like

Thank you Brother, but yeah, it’s very common. Ocean Forest runs hot so people usually like to cut it a little.

1 Like

I would rather operate with rh a little low than create an environment for mold to thrive. When you say wet towel smell this is what i think of.

2 Likes

I def worry about that too… But It never comes to light, high powered microscope reveals nothing but trichomes… I don’t get it

Got it. I just use happy frog mixed with some extra perlite.

2 Likes