Wet or dry trimming?

Am interested in people’s thoughts on trimming while harvesting
Which is everyone’s pros and cons, wet or dry trimming

Love to hear people’s thoughts… Am in the middle of harvest :relaxed: :relaxed:

2 Likes

Dry trim for final trim before going into jars. I do very limited wet trim. Remove the stuff with stems. I keep all of the sugar leaves on the bud during drying and remove as necessary for curing. I find this to be much easier and faster than trying to prep a bud for curing while wet.

5 Likes

Depends if I’m making bubble hash or not. If so I trim it wet if not I trim it dry. Both ways have there cons the wet gums up your scissors, the dry it is harder to trim the finer leaves. Wet is a huge mess.

4 Likes

Depends. On humidity I live in a dry climate and dry whole plant minus fan leaves then cure in jars most people here wet trim but I find whole plant drying is easier and puts me into a 7-10 day dry as opposed to wet I can dry in 4-5 days to fast I also let the sugar leaves stay as they are covered in trichs

5 Likes

Thanks for that guys :relaxed:

1 Like

Me and my trim crew prefer dry trimming, not as sticky so trimmers don’t get gummed up as quickly and easier to handle, goes much faster for us. Dry trim also makes for a little slower dry, a good thing.

Get a trim bin for dry trimming and make hash

7 Likes

Dry for sure with me. Any you guys used the brush canna make never have I trimmed so easy. Just brush it off.

2 Likes

I do both as my plants are super big. So its a lot of work trimming something like this.

Picture is from about 1/2 way done flowering.

3 Likes

Freeze all trimmings and use bubble screens to get all the trics.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0716FWM9K?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

3 Likes

I pretty much mirror @beardless I take the bigger leafs an leave all the sugar leafs for the drying process. It seems to work for me to get a slow drying process finish up with dry trim then jar up and cure. Good luck with your Harvest.

2 Likes

Once I saw what @Hellraiser collected while trimming I picked up a Trim Tray by Common Culture.
Dry trim sugar leaves

2 Likes