West Coast Fire Ash

In Northern CA we don’t get rain during the growing season typically from June through October. I water from pot level so my leaves never see moisture from above. Now we have all these fires and hazardous air but my concern is ash all over everything including my plants. Should I not worry about it?

1 Like

You should do a hydrogen peroxide rinse of the buds after harvest (before drying, of course). That will remove any ash and related contaminates from your buds. I most often rinse my buds even though I grow indoors.

@Myfriendis410 is an outdoor/indoor grower and he rinses all of his buds, I think.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome I agree with @merlin44 if your concerned about ash or nasty bits in or on your buds a peroxide bath and rinse is the way to go there are a lot of very detailed videos out there that will guide you step by step or like merlin44 said other ILGM members who have done this may be able to help guide you through

Stay well stay safe :love_you_gesture::sunglasses:

2 Likes

One plant after weathering the Ventura fire two years ago.

1 Like

I just want to say I am so sorry and heartbroken by what you guys on the west coast are enduring. I cannot even imagine. I literally cry when I see photos out of it.

As far as ash, keep an eye on the leaves and gently dust off any ash you see. Ash will impeded their photosynthesis. If you have a sable artist paint brush or a soft paint brush that would work great.