Went downhill quickly

-What strain, ILGM either WW or blue dream
-Age of plant 2 months
-Method: Fox Farm
-Vessels: fabric
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff - recently checked, pH was high, over 7- just corrected yesterday
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable- ILGM products and FF
-Method used to measure PH and TDS- prong moisture/ph device- NOT accurate. -bought ph UpDown tested soil w/ solution provided- got high reading
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space- outdoor
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights N/A
-Current Light Schedule MST
-Temps; Day, Night high 80’s-90’s
-Humidity; Day, Night 40’s
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size no
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no
-Co2; Yes, No no

Thank you in advance for reading first of all! I appreciate any advice/information here.
Extreme noob, did not expect this plant to do this based on my last two.
It had been doing well up until some brown spots appeared- I researched and realized ph might be the issue- tested high. Adjusted the ph but brown spots took over overnight. Feels like I’m watching her die and I can’t help…

2 Likes

Plant is looking pretty sick you said your using a prong meter and then the ph color solution to check PH those just aren’t accurate enough and welcome

3 Likes

I totally forgot to ask the question… :woman_facepalming:

Could this be the result of a disease or fungus? Or could ph do this as well?

1 Like

Thank you!
Should I be testing the runoff? I wasn’t sure if I could with a fabric pot…?

Not real sure but with soil you dont want a lot of run off it will wash out the nutrients in the soil…but a little to test stuff might not hurt…

Only thing ive every checked is ph…with no run off

2 Likes

When a plant has problems it is important to the know the Ph and PPM of the run off I rarely measure them unless I have a problem but I grow in living soil is it possible your over watering possible root rot

4 Likes

Yes, definitely. Not what I was hoping to hear, but I bet is an issue. I have a lot to learn… TY!

I wondered that too- about the nutrients

1 Like

In soil and using nutrients (other than living type soils) adequate run off is needed so unused nutrients do not accumulate in the soil. You actually want to flush excess nutrients out. They will eventually but it slows the accumulation down.

5 Likes

Ok i gotcha… my mistake cause im using super soil and i still have long way to grow alot to learn and thats why i enjoy this place a lot of people with lots of Knowledge always helping… much love to ILGM and everyone on here …keep growing

4 Likes

A lot of variables. I am not a living soil / super soil grower. I did use FF Ocean Forest for quite a while along with the Trio. Flushing because of nutrient accumulation became a ritual.

3 Likes

Using super soil ive had more problems than coco… right now i have 11 coco and 7 soil…this go round im not having as many problems with soil but better results with hydro… hydro is way to go

1 Like

Beardless, How often would you flush when you were growing in soil? I am also using the FF soil and the Ilgm nutrients. I do have the trio though also. I’m wondering if I try this again and am better prepared next time, should I be flushing say, like once a week? Less/more?
I appreciate all advice! :blush:

Check it under a scope.

1 Like

Hijacked this, :smile: I only flush when my ppm is high. Otherwise why bleach your soil? Taste? I am going to test that theory.

1 Like

Most important to get a good ph, ppm meters. Throw out the prong. Fabric pots rare to get overwatered. Do runoffs and check numbers. You will feel more confident with right meters and numbers.
xT8qBnw9AxRHmVea9a (1)

3 Likes

It was quite a while ago. Always had to flush once and sometimes twice. If I had to flush only one time it was around 2nd week after light change. If 2x, did one late veg then again mid to late flower.
I didn’t do it as often as was recommended in the feed schedule but often enough to be a pain.

Yeah. I changed to coco about two years ago and also switched to Jack’s 321.

2 Likes

Haven’t tried jacks but been using lotus and GH… lotus seems to work great GH not bad just a lot with GH

3 Likes

Coco, Jack’s and Autopot

5 Likes

Whats the autopot ? With auto in the name i kinda have an idea. And WOW AMAZING :open_mouth: :clap: :heart_eyes:

1 Like