Well Water - ppm is above 1400!

Ooo that beautiful Chem trail rain… maybe not… get a lab test… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

Here in the North Georgia mountains, rain is pretty clean I had a chemist friend test my barrel. Pure enough that a pass thru a UV filter becomes nearly perfect. Just a small filter is all I use. :sunglasses:

I’m collecting rain that is coming off my roof. I’ve noticed tonight the PPM is pretty high - 20’s PPM. I assume it’s picking up stuff as it runs down the roof. I considered not using it but I’m going to. Still way better than my taps 164PPM and doesn’t have chlorine. It’s winter here so I need to get what rain I can.

Glad to here that theirs still clean rain in some parts of the usa… it gives me hope…

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

The fact our county has 880,000 acres of National Forest. The air the rain pass through is very fresh and highly oxygenated. My ladies love it.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Matthew420 What about fresh snow? If you have some of that you could melt it and use it. It would probably be cleaner than roof rain. Hmm… What an idea- I just might do that! We’ve got LOTS of snow where I am. Lol

Agreed but so far we’ve just been getting a couple inches at a time so I can’t really get enough clean snow in the bucket. Right now my collection bucket is at 3 ppm. My entire supply is at 15 ppm. Still way better than my tap @ 164 + chlorine.

2 Likes

Hey @Matthew420 just a question you might have answered it already but
What’s the ph ?
Loving the 15 ppm

1 Like

PH has been running about 5.9-6.

The last 5-gal bucket I collected was 2 PPM. My full collection is now 11 ppm. I’ll take it :slight_smile:

I’ll measure the big bucket again later when it’s more room temperature. I just put in 5-gallons of freezing cold water.

Water temp effects PH. I read an article about it but the science was a bit over my head other than it made sense logically.

1 Like

Yeah I’m loving it
I have 500something ppm after my filters :no_mouth:
So I’ll take 11 too lol
And ph is in a good spot too a little adjustment when adding nutes but I do that anyway now
Gotta get my stuff together for rain water collection

1 Like

5 mins in a hardware store was all it took :slight_smile:

I’ll do something better next time around. For now, it’s just lugging 5-gallon buckets to the basement and dumping it in a 32-gal plastic trash barrel. Seems to be working. I have 12 1-gallon jugs filled and waiting and 32-gals in reserve plus a full 5 gallon bucket. 49 gallons of free, clean water.

1 Like

Nice yeah I’m laid up right now with my back :triumph: Sucks can’t even put socks on never mind shoes
I deal with this every once in awhile usually it just hurts but I can function
Last couple days it’s been bad bro
But when I’m back on my feet I’m doing it definitely
You seem to have it worked out with all that in storage

3 Likes

Ah, right. Sorry man, forgot about your back. I hope you’re better soon!

I’d like at least one more 32-gal I think but for $20 I’m happy :slight_smile:

Super inexpensive
Much cheaper then ro filter system even that little one
Only thing I’m concerned about is winter time collection freeze ups ?
Yeah 66 gal in storage is a lot of water bro
@Hogmaster has some set up think he said 5 55 gal drums woohoo

1 Like

That’s why I did the 5-gal bucket. Fills in an hour or 2. I keep the main supply next to my grow so it’s room temp. I just want to make sure I have enough to get thru a deep freeze or an urgent need to flush *knocks on wood

2 Likes

I was thinking snow would be good too but collection seems hard. If you had a way to melt it quickly into a 55gal drum for storage.

I might have unlimited access to D.I water so I might not even have to worry about that but I am going to try my household tap water for the first time tomorrow.

1 Like

Just make sure to leave it sit open for 24 hours if it’s city/town water. The chlorine needs to evaporate.

You probably know, but just in case, I thought I’d mention it.

2 Likes

@Matthew420 I think it’s important to say that. My guess is chlorine cause more issues than we realize.

I let my water sit open for 48 hours minimum!

2 Likes

When I was using tap water I never capped it. Kept enough on hand for about a week. I also tapped the jugs once in a while to get the little air bubbles to the top figuring that would help too.

2 Likes