Well, my soil has been cooking for……

I have managed to finally acquire all the necessary ingredients and the soil has been cooking for 5 weeks+.
So this soil has the following ingredients:
6 parts ProMix Hp
2 parts Perlite
2 parts Worm castings
1 Cup or dolomitic lime/ cu.ft .

And of course the dry amendments:
1/2 C. Blood meal/ cu.ft
1 C. Bone meal/cu.ft
1/2 C. Kelp meal/cu.ft
1/2 C. Green sand/cu.ft

Than you are to wet it and stir to incorporate everything with Liquid Karma and H2O@1 tblsp./ gal.

So it’s been cooking for a bit and I’m getting ready to jam some (4) Dutch passion sour diesel autos into a solo cup sized deposit of FF light warrior nestled in 7 gallons of the aforementioned soilless mix .
So I decided to perform a slurry test (w/distilled water) on both substrates and the results are as follows:
Light warrior:PH-4.5/ EC-.31/ 155 ppm

Soil mix: PH-6.7/2.97/1485 ppm

Boogie brew compost tea comes in at: (3 gallons of tea which gets diluted 5:1 with h20)
PH-8.2/ EC-1.04/520 ppm.

Let me start by saying the ph seems so excessively low on the light warrior for starting/seeds and the ec on the mix excessively high but I’m guessing this is an acceptable range as all the nutes are slow release.

HELP

I have managed to finally acquire all the necessary ingredients and the soil has been cooking for 5 weeks+.
So this soil has the following ingredients:
6 parts ProMix Hp
2 parts Perlite
2 parts Worm castings
1 Cup or dolomitic lime/ cu.ft .

And of course the dry amendments:
1/2 C. Blood meal/ cu.ft
1 C. Bone meal/cu.ft
1/2 C. Kelp meal/cu.ft
1/2 C. Green sand/cu.ft

Than you are to wet it and stir to incorporate everything with Liquid Karma and H2O@1 tblsp./ gal.

So it’s been cooking for a bit and I’m getting ready to jam some (4) Dutch passion sour diesel autos into a solo cup sized deposit of FF light warrior nestled in 7 gallons of the aforementioned soilless mix .
So I decided to perform a slurry test (w/distilled water) on both substrates and the results are as follows:
Light warrior:PH-4.5/ EC-.31/ 155 ppm

Soil mix: PH-6.7/2.97/1485 ppm

Boogie brew compost tea comes in at: (3 gallons of tea which gets diluted 5:1 with h20)
PH-8.2/ EC-1.04/520 ppm.

Let me start by saying the ph seems so excessively low on the light warrior for starting/seeds and the ec on the mix excessively high but I’m guessing this is an acceptable range as all the nutes are slow release.

HELP
[/quote]

This morning I calibrated both ph tester and ec tester and retested @1:1 ratio for slurry as I did the night before but tested the distilled water also .
The distilled water had no ec but the ph was 8.9.
So todays 1:1 ratio and 3 minutes to blend the results are :
My soil as mixed: PH-6.9 and EC-2.85.
Light warrior : PH-4.3 and EC-…29

Also testing @ 1:5(as per fox farm website FAQ) and 3 minutes later the results are:
My soil: PH-6.9 and EC-.89
LW:PH-4.8 and EC-.14

Also @ 1:5 dilution but @ 20 minutes:
My soil: 7.7/.92
LW: 4.9/.14

I will conduct another test @ 60 minutes and if the results are significant will report them.

But my concern of course lies in the super low ph of light warrior and the high ec of my soil which can be viewed in the previous post .

So I’ve pulled another test with my tap water which has the following:
PH-7.5 EC-.70

My new soil slurry results are:
LW: PH-6.2/EC-.53/PPM-265
My soil: PH-7.3/EC-1.68/PPM-840
I am going to strain the solids/etc. from the liquids and see if that changes anything.
If there’s a significant difference I will report back but I could really use any pertinent useful information and as always ty to anyone knowledgeable chiming in.

@OGIncognito
Please take a look at the previous post and refer me to the proper resources or persons able to assist and as always thank you

1 Like

Not an organic grower but tagging @Aussie_autos I think @BigItch grows organic and @MeEasy grows using ED

1 Like

What is ED?

Earth Dust

1 Like

@Aussie_autos
Would you please be kind enough to look at this thread and offer any recommendations or advice .
Having most recently tested my soil and light warrior with my tap water instead of the distilled water which ph’d at 9.0 the results are as follows.it would likely be helpful to read the entire thread.
But alas.
Light warrior:ph-6.2/ec-.53/ppm-265
My soil:7.3/1.68/840

After straining the solids from both I retested and the following results were:
LW:5.9/EC-.51/255ppm
My soil: 7.2/1.83/915

Ok you want ur soil ph to around 6.5 to 6.8 if ur soil ph is to high u need to drop it down you can do this three ways u can use lemon juice or you can use bicarbonate soda or u can use sulphur powder to bring down ur ph ,but if ur ph is to low use Dolomite lime to bring up ph in ur soil

1 Like

And what do you make of the high ec/ppm in my soil. It’s all the amendments and at what rate would you apply the necessary ph amendment m me per call ft.? And ty for your input. Do you mix these with h20 and flush?

Because ur using dry amendments you dont have to worry about the EC or ppm with organics all you have worry about the ph of ur water and soil its so easy growing in organics so what you do is go and get some sulphur powder from ur garden centre and u can either mix it in ur soil or u can mix it in water and then water it in i use a teaspoon of sulphur powder in water mix it really well then i watered it in the soil it will bring ur soil ph down to around 6.5 if it goes a little bit lower like 6.2 it fine cause u will be watering with ph water to around 6.5 so it will being ur soil up to 6.4 -6.5 anyway i hope this helps you i know it may seem a little bit daunting but u will get there and ur microbes will take care of ur ph in ur soil once there established i suggest putting worms in ur pots as they will help break down food and supply food for ur plants and microbes to ur soil

1 Like

Ty so much for your time and I have sulfur already, powdered sulfur is spread here for ticks.
I know it depends on many factors but typically how much ec adjustment would you expect at your specified dilution ratio?
In addition I am giving a compost tea called boogie Brew a shot with this grow instead of nutes. It will be diluted 1:5 and given every other feeding.
Any suggestions would be fantastic but I believe I should be ph ing the water to 7.0 before brewing.
Have you ever used such a procedure ?