Well I Didn't See This Happening

So this Gold Leaf Fem has been in the ground since the first of April. It appears to be almost ready for harvest. I didn’t think it would be ready until October or so. Amber Trichomes and everything.

Now I’m not complaining. I’m just confused…

2 Likes

Not yet IMO.

FYI it looks like you have mites. I see characteristic white spots on the leaves…

2 Likes

Plant will go into flower after it matures. Outdoors it can go for months with the benefit of added THC and tighter-fatter buds.
Keep feeding her…end of summer in America is a long way off. about 10 ounces in your case.
The red hairs do not indicate harvest as they die after a week or so…it’s the trichomes on the BUDS that indicate ripeness. Harvest when about 40% cloudy trichomes.

Looking thru the magnifier, i’ve got all cloudy with as much as 30% amber on some of the buds.

30%…time to get ready to harvest. Watch trichomes closely.

@straytrout Is this a auto or a fem regardless it still has time watch out for the mites like @Myfriendis410 said they can Ruin your entire harvest if you’re not careful

It is a fem planted in the ground at the end of March. Early on it looked like it was starting to flower. The consensus was I planted too early. Too close to 12/12. But it really started budding probably late June.
Any recommendations regarding the mites? I won’t use Neem on flowers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728JL9SQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_E00rDb3FHQP5E

2 Likes

@garrigan62 has some homemade Recipes

1 Like

I do a two part treatment several times (necessary to break the life cycle) but is not hard.

Spray down the entire plant with straight 3% peroxide and wait 24 to 48 hours then apply Captain Jack’s Deadbug (spinosad) or Safer spray (BtK): these are bacterial strains harmless to humans and pets but lethal to pests including mites and caterpillars. Wait 5 more days for it to work then repeat the H2O2 followed by the bacterial spray. Pay particular attention to the undersides of the leaves. Spray the top soil layer and outside of your pot too.

2 Likes

Cool. I’ll try it. When you say H2O2 do you mean the straight peroxide?

1 Like

Yep he uses the 3% bottles at store 32oz for $1
Use it as is from bottle in a sprayer.
You may want to do it at first light if possible so will dry before midday sun.

1 Like

$.88 at Wally World. You can also reduce it by 50% and see if that works. Often it does.

Would it be ok to spray it after the sun goes down instead of the am?

1 Like

You could as long as your humidity isn’t too high in your area. Don’t want them wet after sunset if humidity is high.
Maybe spray a hour or 2 before sunset.
Basically sunrise and sunset with a couple hours on each side of light before sun is at its peak would be fine.
Use your best judgment based on your outside conditions.

1 Like

Just make sure there’s plenty of airflow as you are sanitizing the surface it should dry out and be gone before there’s a problem.

2 Likes

Still early, white pistils. My last Gold Leaf went 86days from light flip. This time 65.