Well Houston we seem to have a

I popped seven seeds about a week ago and it would appear as one of the two Whiskey zulu autos is having a reaction,its swapping its typical lush green for a more bleached out version of light green just as her 2nd set of real leaves deploy. She’s in the same soil as the rest, and was never subject to anything the other 6 haven’t endured.
They are all in Fox Farm lightning warrior seed mix and were given(spritzed) 50% grow big solution as per FF instruction.The only thing I can come up with is possibly a hot spot which i doubt as i leave slack in the mylar so it will wave and undulate in the breeze created by 2-16" oscillating wall fans and not mirror the light spectrum especially near corners. Has anyone ever had a seedling do this,almost tan in appearance. For all practical purposes it appears as though all growth has stopped.she was bent over and facing away from the light when i found her and instead of dropping a toothpick right next to her to straighten her up like a crutch I carefully took about 2 tsp of bat guano and surrounded her with that being careful not to actually touch the plant tissue and just moistened it slightly.(spritz.)
All to no avail…

Need to see pictures of all plants to determine what you got going on

1 Like

Sounds like the tap root didn’t take. Pictures would be good though.

You did not mention putting a dome over them: if not you are missing out. Seedlings derive all of their moisture out of the air until a tap root forms at around 8 to 10 days. Misting a dome on the inside is all they need daily and you do see accelerated growth.

My seedlings get nothing but distilled water until they’re two weeks old then they get the full load of Jack’s and into their final home.

6 Likes

I second the domes. I am glad I jumped onboard with it.
Made a huge difference.

5 Likes

the dome is a big no but i have saran wrap draped over the top,its not tight enough for condensate to accumulate but it does retain some humidity.
distilled water is what they’re getting though.perhaps sandwich bags and rubber bands would be more suited to retain moisture .Pictures will be coming shortly as i was just waiting until feeding time again.IMG_0888|375x500

@MrPeat
@Myfriendis410
@danniep40
Im reposting because for some reason the picture didnt dl properly.
the dome is a big no but i have saran wrap draped over the top,its not tight enough for condensate to accumulate but it does retain some humidity.
distilled water is what they’re getting though.perhaps sandwich bags and rubber bands would be more suited to retain moisture .Pictures will be coming shortly as i was just waiting until feeding time again.

The nutrient used was as per fox farms directive .Ill shoot another post with what it says directly. coming soon.

1 Like

Are you feeding nutrients now?

1 Like

@jorkvilleyoe I take Lipton 32oz jugs and make domes. As I put them in their forever home I will spray twice daily to keep the humidity up.

Here is my Sweet Amnesia grown in said container bottom. I have 5 drain holes.

You can see the roots is starting to grow through the drain holes. As you can see she is growing beautifully.
This one is still not getting nutrients.

1 Like

@MrPeat
@Myfriendis410
@danniep40

heres what they have to say about it:
LIGHT WARRIOR® SEED STARTER

Bring Your Plants To Life!®

Light Warrior® Seed Starter is designed to promote an environment beneficial to seed germination and root development. Light Warrior® Seed Starter includes soil microbes that can help enhance root efficiency and encourage nutrient uptake. We’ve also included earthworm castings, a gentle source of nutrition for seedlings and small plants. Use Light Warrior® Seed Starter for seed germination, cuttings and new plant starts for both indoor and outdoor cultivation.

Garden tip: Moisten Light Warrior® before you plant and allow it to drain. Never let indoor plants sit in water. Start feeding plants within five days of planting or germination. At the first sign of blooms, switch to Tiger Bloom® Liquid Plant Food. For more detailed feeding instructions, download one of our Feeding Schedules.

@Flitme
@MrPeat
@Myfriendis410
@danniep40

not anymore and what they were getting was Fox Farm Big Bloom:

BIG BLOOM® LIQUID PLANT FOOD

Crafted For Organic GardeningTM

0 - 0.5 - 0.7

OMRI Listed® and Registered CDFA Organic Input Material.

Our Big Bloom® Liquid Plant Food is a carefully selected blend of fertilizers formulated to support multiple blooms and seed formations. This liquid plant food supplies nutrients that your plants can access immediately.

Big Bloom® contains bat guano and earthworm castings. Bat guano has been used for centuries as a fertilizer for all kinds of plants. Combined with earthworm castings they create a nutrient-rich mix that can help your plants thrive.

Garden tip: Big Bloom® is formulated for all fruiting and flowering plants, and it can be used during all stages of plant growth.
It is 0/0.5/0.7

I only used 50% solution 1x.

2 Likes

The plant looks over watered. She’s super young and doesn’t have a root system to take up much water. Let her dry out. Big bloom at full dose is fine, never seen big bloom burn a plant as there’s not much in it.

5 Likes

Bobby has you covered. :+1:

1 Like

The cups are super light and i give 2 or 3 squirts from a very conservative spray bottle that puts out .5 ml/pump and that is done around and not on the plant and if by chance the slightest bit of moisture gets on the plantI will take the tip of a paper towel and contact the droplet surface and a steady hand will suck that dude up right up without making contact with the plant itself.
I will mist the sandwich bag domes now in place when dry and that it.
I will go so far as to load another cup to the same level dry…weigh it and adhere to maybe .5 grams to 1.5 grams more before introducing any further irrigation regardless of type.
A single drop of water weighs .05 grams so we’re talking about 10-30 drops and obviously thats sitting in the bottom waiting its turn to drain out the 6 - 1/8" holes in the bottom.
Also i will be monitoring closely surface moisture which would correlate directly to the amount of condensate inside the sandwich bags .
I often wonder how much light is diminished as the rays pass through a bag that is not perpendicular to the rays as they travel through that cheap ass chinese plastic? We don’t even make our own bags or a good portion anyway…cellophane is out of the question as the problem child’s sister #2-19 is off to the races and peeking out of and above the rim of the cup.
If anyone feels this course of action is incorrect,please say so.
The more I hear, the more I learn.

Exactly.

1 Like

and what soil are you using if i may?

I hear you on the overwatering,its just that she has 1 sister and 5 step sisters and they have been provided the exact same care and quantities throughout,the only difference being she received a teaspoon of bat guano top dressing to help prop her wilting daisy demeanor up with something mild and beneficial.
Your points have been well taken and waterings have been cut back and humidity domes(sandwich bags with rubber bands) are in place.

I only use Fox Farms products. FFOF top dressed with FFHF. The little plant is mainly old FFHF in the clear dome.