Well here we go again!

Grow journal update…

Gave 8 litres water 16 ml bloom feed 8 ml bloom boost 4 ml liquid silicon pH 6.9

Got 1.8 litres run off pH 6.9

Over last 3 days temps have been 18° - 28°

Humidity has been 38% - 61%

Am leaving humidifier off

Todays pics…

4 Likes

Has now been flowering for 6 weeks today

6 Likes

Grow journal update…

Gave 8 litres water pH 6.2

Got 3 litres (!) run off pH 6.7

Hav realised that she wasnt due a feed until tomorrow!!

So do i now just carry on with my 3 day schedule or do i feed in 4 days time to get back on original schedule?!?

@dbrn32 @MattyBear @Niala @PurpNGold74 and anyone else who knows?!?

Also had quite a few “taco” leaves mixed throughout the plant

I know its hard to see in the pics but there are “taco” leaves not only at the tops but also in the lower leaves too

Light (900w Viparspectra) is as high as i can get it at about 17" -20" above but im not sure that too much light is the problem as there are taco leaves in the parts that are shaded from the light?!?

Temps hav been between 18 - 28 over the last 2 days so dont think they hav been too high?!?

If its too much light would it be worth turning off the veg switch or bloom switch as i cant raise light / lower plant any further?!?

Or is this nothing much to worry about?!?

Heres the pics…

6 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

I would just feed when you notice the pots starting to dry out. A day or two difference here and there doesn’t really change much.

3 Likes

Cheers @dbrn32 !

And what do you think about the"taco" leaves?!?

Worrying over nothing hopefully!

Is it all the way down plant or just near top? Generally speaking, that’s usually a temp or humidity issue. But I think can also be the sign of early magnesium deficiency.

Any of those feel like they make more sense than the others?

1 Like

well its hard to say

"I know its hard to see in the pics but there are “taco” leaves not only at the tops but also in the lower leaves too

Light (900w Viparspectra) is as high as i can get it at about 17" -20" above but im not sure that too much light is the problem as there are taco leaves in the parts that are shaded from the light?!?

Temps hav been between 18 - 28 over the last 2 days so dont think they hav been too high?!?"

Problem with my temp and humidity readings is that the meter just gives a lowest and highest

Ive no idea when / what time or for how long

Ive started to give bloom boost which contains magnesium oxide so shouldnt be a magnesium deficiency?!?

The taco leaves seem to be spread around the plant not jus top or bottom?!?

It may jus be the light is too strong?!?

Got 900 w Viparspectra and its now as high as it can go

Will measure distance when light comes back on but im guessing its between 15" - 20" above

Will keep an eye on leaves and let you all know if it gets any worse!

In my opinion that’s not a light issue. And if 28c is as high as you’ve gotten, I’d venture it’s not temps alone either. Now if your rh is out of whack, will definitely lead to respiration issues. I would probably get something that’s easier to monitor. Having 20 degree f temp swings without maintaining proper humidity could very well be the issue here.

What nutrients are you using?

2 Likes

Think ill start checking the meter and recording the temp / humidity at every lights on / off

recon this is the only way ill know whats going on in the tent without actually living inside it!

As for nutes…

For feed im using

Plant magic old timer bloom feed

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-bloom/13/

With Plant magic bloom boost

And growth technology liquid silicon

I didn’t see that listed in the boost, but doesn’t mean it’s not there. I did see it listed in their catalyst, which probably would’nt be a bad addition to that line anyway.

Epsom salts are a very effective and cheap way to boost mag levels. And you get added benefits of sulfur too.

2 Likes

yeah got magnesium from back of bottle!

Looks like im gona need to keep a close eye on this!

1 Like

Temp n humidity record… (2 meters 1 on scrog net other stuck in a branch half way up stalk / under net)

10 pm readings with low / high readings from 10 am meter reset

Net meter @ 10 pm

23° 57% (At 23° humidity should be between 37.5% - 50%) 7% too high

From 10 am - 10 pm (Lowest - highest temp / humidity readings)

21° - 26.7° 45% - 61% (21° VPD low 30% - 26.7° VPD high 60%) net meter readings within limits

Stalk meter @ 10 pm

24° 60% (At 24° humidity should be between 42.5% - 52.5%) 7.5% too high

From 10 am - 10 pm (Lowest - highest temp / humidity readings)

21° - 25.9° 50% - 77% (21° VPD low 30% - 25.9° VPD high 57.5%) net meter readings low 5% higher than limit (30% - 45%) high 19.5% higher than limit (47.5% - 57.5%)

Comparing my readings with Nialas VPD chart…

At 21° (net and stalk meter lowest temp) humidity should be between 30% - 45% (lowest reading was 45% net meter 50% stalk meter) net meter right on upper limit stalk meter 5% higher

At 25.9° (stalk meter highest temp) humidity should be between 47.5% - 57.5% (highest reading was 77%) stalk meter 19.5% higher than upper limit

At 26.7° (net meter highest temp) humidity should be between 50% - 60% (highest reading was 61%) net meter on limit

So @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Niala @PurpNGold74 and anyone else…

how do you all take your readings?!?

how many meters have you got and where (on a scrog) do you put them?!?

would i be better off jus having one meter and if so where would i put it, on the net or on the stalk or maybe hanging in air just above plant?!?

thanks for any answers given!

1 Like

Temp n humidity record… (2 meters 1 on scrog net other stuck in a branch half way up stalk / under net)

10 am readings with low / high readings from 10 pm meter reset

Net meter @ 10 am

22.8° 59% (At 22.8° humidity should be between 37.5% - 50%) 9% too high

From 10 pm - 10 am (Lowest - highest temp / humidity readings)

22.8° - 27.1° 52% - 76% (22.8° VPD low 37.5% - 27.1° VPD high 60%) net meter readings 16% too high

Stalk meter @ 10 am

22° 72% (At 22° humidity should be between 35% - 47.5%) 24.5% too high

From 10 pm - 10 am (Lowest - highest temp / humidity readings)

22° - 27.5° 54% - 83% (22° VPD low 35% - 27.5° VPD high 61%) net meter readings low 6.5% higher than limit (35% - 47.5%) high 22% higher than limit (51% - 61%)

Did water plant yesterday at just before 10 am Thinking that this may account for stalk meter humidity reading being so high (moisture in soil just below meter?!?) with 72% on stalk meter - 59% on net meter

I use one that reads in real time right at canopy level.

2 Likes

I do the same as Rob :v:

2 Likes

Hey @dbrn32 (Rob!) @MattyBear !

Thanks for the replies

So im thinking get rid of the meter thats on the stalk and just keep the one thats on the net?!?

My meter does give read outs in real time but only records highest and lowest temps / humidity so without being in the tent ive no idea what temp goes with what humidity jus from the highest / lowest record

Think for the next grow ill get a meter (if there is one?!?) that records temps / humidity AND time

And im guessing when you say canopy level u mean the top of the plant / canopy not on the net?!?

So when the light comes back on ill get rid of the stalk meter and hang the net meter so its at canopy level rather than net level

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Net level or top of plant, whatever makes the most sense. You’re just trying to accurately measure what your plant is seeing as opposed to on the bottom of your tent or anywhere else that is more subject to fluctuations and nothing important is happening.

1 Like