Well here we go again!

Hey @Niala!

Thanx for your reply and the VPD chart

That is the first time ive heard of that!

Unfortunately, yes, those temps are from within my tent!!

As said were going through (as is most of the world if im correct?!?) the hottest summer on record so ive had to pretty much give up on worrying about the temps in the tent

When i first started this grow (1st June) i was straight away getting temps in the 30s so changed my “day” hours from 06:00 - 00:00 to 16:00 - 10:00 n the “night” hours from 00:00 - 06:00 to 10:00 - 16:00 in the hope that having the lights off during the day would bring the temp down… it didnt!

Luckily i then found this note at the end of an article i was reading about tips on cooling your grow room…

“Not a cooling tip but more a growing tip for higher temperatures, is if you incorporate silicon with your normal feed you will be able to grow your plants in hotter conditions. This is due to the silicon as it helps your plants to become more resilient and remain healthy even if your temperatures rise up to 40c.”

So i started giving my plant liquid silicon, first as a folar spray n then after a month i started adding it to the feed

This is only only my second grow (and my 1st ended VERY badly with both my plants suddenly dying over the course of 4-5 days 3 weeks into flowering) so i still dont really know what im doing but i do think the only reason my plant has come this far so well is due to the liquid silicon

After all going by the temps ive had in my tent (the highest being 41.8!!) my plant should of died long ago!

The problem this has left me with is that sometimes my night temps (which is during the day) are hotter than my day temps (which is at night) but that is something beyound my control!

At the moment the weather here is back to normal (grey and raining on a summers day!) but the heat wave is supposed to return in the next week or so

Cant moan too much as not having any control over the temps has given me one less thing to worry about!

2 Likes

Grow journal update…

Gave 8 litres of water pH 6.2

Got 1.5 litres run off pH 6.8

Hav turned off humidifier as per @PurpNGold74 @Niala advice

Heres todays pics…

If anyone would suggest a bit of pruning (or anything else!) please let me know!

@dbrn32 @MattyBear @Nug-bug n anyone else who knows!

6 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hi @man10101, you can prune all the leaves under the ScrOG, just bellow the screen and made space a little for the buds site that are shade, by tuck or pruning a bit…

Your lady is in great shape, you did a great job in these circumstances…

Yep silica is great and basically it strengthen the cells walls and the vacuole of the cells helping greatly in the resilience of the plant during high temp, drought or immunity strength overall… Great move you did :+1::ok_hand:

So, I did what I should do before and read your entire grow journal and notice that your plant is in her 16th day of flowering stage so your RH seem pretty ok for this age, so just give her a break of 1 day or 2 of the humidifier and monitor it closely , the RH , don’t let it go under 50% for now, between 55 and 65 for these temp look like adequate… You can go a bit higher if the temperature goes higher than 33°C… Just try to follow the chart…

You’re doing a great job brother

I will monitor and take a peak time to time and see how you’re doing, if you like, don’t hesitate to tag me :grinning:

~Al :v: :innocent:

5 Likes

Thank you @Niala for your help and comments!

Dont feel i can take too much credit as it was only by chance i came across the article on liquid silicon and i really think that the silicon deserves all the praise!

Anyways will keep a close eye on the humidity readings and will add them to my grow journal updates for you all to see!

And i would be honoured if you would keep an eye on my journal and will tag you if / when i have any questions

As always any help is gratefully received!!

2 Likes

I agree, try to keep air moving though there. Otherwise I think you’re doing well!

2 Likes

Hi @dbrn32!

Thanx for the reply!

Yeah shes looking good for the moment

Bit worried as I’m nearly at the stage the last 2 died at

Oh well… Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Yup everything is looking good. Love the SCRoG. She’s gonna yeild nicely for ya. Hopefully smooth sailing ahead

2 Likes

Cheers @PurpNGold74!

As said above… Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Grow journal update…

Gave 8 litres water 16 ml bloom feed 4 ml liquid silicon pH 6.9

Got 2 litres run off pH 7

Humidity on top of scrog net 54%

Humidity next to pot 65%

Have had humidifier off for last 2 days n it doesnt seem to of made any difference?!?

One new problem is that she is so big I now have no room on net to tie her down anymore (not a bad problem to have I suppose!?!) and she is getting closer to the light by the day

Luckily i made the legs separate to the frame so will remove n shorten to give me some more room between plant n light!

Todays pic…

4 Likes

Looks good! Since your runoff is at 7, start going in at 6.5 so you don’t run into lockout issues later in flower :v:

2 Likes

Hey @MattyBear!

Thanx for the reply!

Im going between giving her water with feed and silicon at pH 6.9 n then jus water at pH 6ish in a feed water feed water schedule so hopefully this will prevent lockout issues?!?

1 Like

I’d try and keep all feed and waterings at the same ph so you don’t see deficiencies due to ph fluctuations and lockout. Shoot for a target of 6.5 all the time and you should be good :v:

1 Like

The only problem with that is the liquid silicon needs to be given at pH 6.9

Apparently if u go lower the liquid silicon doesnt stay liquid?!?

Although will be stopping the feed n silicon in the next few weeks so I can give her a 2 week flush before harvest so will water at pH 6.5!

Cheers @MattyBear!

That’s new information to me about Silica. I use Silica and never go in at 6.9. @dbrn32 @TDubWilly @Bogleg @Myfriendis410 have you guys heard of this?

3 Likes

Never. I problem with silica is that it doesn’t get along with calcium, never heard or seen of ph making a difference.

It sure seems like as long as you add calcium first or last and do exactly the opposite with silica it’s fine provided the solution is mixed well when last goes in.

I feel like the easiest way is to dilute silica in a small amount of water and add it last. That way it can be used as a ph up. Since most nutes will drop ph, makes sense to do it this way as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

That’s a great tip Rob! I usually add silica first and mix really well, then add my other nutes…

1 Like

Same here!

I always thought the reason we pHed was for the plant. Phing to 5.8 in hydro and 6.5 in soil is making your water and its contents compatible with what the plant wants. Plant roots in hydro want to absorb the water and it’s contents at 5.8, I would think pHing to anything else would compromise that.

No science behind that statement, just my gears spinning

3 Likes