Well here we go again!

Yes, you can do all those things, or you can do nothing, it’s really up to you. Personally, I like to split the stem. Does it do anything? I have no idea, but I figure it might, so I do it. I also do the 72 hour dark period.

5 Likes

Hey @dbrn32 @raustin

Thanx for ur replies!

Im thinking that maybe I shouldnt push my luck n keep it simple n jus do the 72 hours of dark

Jus the thought of putting a knife thru the stem makes me nervous!

3 Likes

Ice will most probably stop dead the maturation process, if you’re satisfied with your trichomes maturation, it can be a solution for you, it depends on what you’re searching in terms of effects… Splitting the stem is supposed to to push the plant to make more trichomes , thinking it been attack and injured in an attempt to maximise the chance to be pollinise and extended dark period will do the same, maturation is supposed to be quicker but none of these have scientifically been proven…

You’re choice @man10101

~Al :v: :innocent:

4 Likes

Hey @Niala!

Thanx for the reply

I think this time round the most I’m gona do is the 72 hours dark

Will leave everything else for the next grow!

If this one went wrong now I think I’d give up!!

3 Likes

As u stated. KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid

2 Likes

Hey @PurpNGold74

Ha! Words to live by!

Grow journal update…

Last day of light ends in 45 mins!

Then lights out till Monday evening when it will be time to cut her down!!

Soil slightly damp so no more watering either so flush is over too!

Todays pics…

4 Likes

2 Likes

Next pics will b Monday jus before she gets cut!!

3 Likes

Thinking about humidity…

Obviously I need it as low as possible while lights r out…

Humidity is at its highest thru nite lights out due to heat going down to around 20

So have decided although light is now out will leave heater times alone to stop humidity getting too high over next few days

So will get 12 hours 20°c n then 12 hours of 25°c etc.

Have also decided due to this reason plus now having work all day Monday will leave in dark for 48 hours not 72 so will cut down Sunday!!

What are the 6 white honey comb looking containers in there?

1 Like

Well well well. Home stretch it is! She should be saying her farewells and making peace. Congrats man.

1 Like

Hey @DoobieNoobie

Believe it or not but they are my dehumidifiers!

Hey @PurpNGold74

Yeah im nearly there!

Thanx for the congrats!!

1 Like

I wondered if that might be the silica things you were talking about.

1 Like

Hey @DoobieNoobie!

Can u jog my memory please n remind me wen I mentioned “silica things”!?!

Not used or mentioned silica as far as I can remember!!

I might’ve got you confused with another thread on humidity. I read way to much on here lol.

2 Likes

Ha! No probs!!

I have used silicon?!?

Might b that u were thinking of

Lol no telling. I read just about every post new or commented on thread daily. If I miss a half day by the time I check back I’ve got 50 to 80 threads to check on. But I like reading all the posts. I’ve learned a lot even if most of it is centered on dirt growing and I’m only interested in hydro indoors. I’ll probably try one outdoors in the spring so maybe it’ll be useful. I found the thread I was thinking was you. It’s a high humidity problem and when I seen all those it made me think it was you.

2 Likes

Yeah I do the same!

It’s reading posts n asking questions is how I’ve learnt wat to do

I even answered another users post / question for the first time a couple days ago!

As for using liquid silicon I used it due to excessively high temps in my tent due to the heat wave we had this summer

Was getting temps over 40°c n read silicon strengthened plants so much that they can handle high temps

Must of worked!!

2 Likes