Well here we go again!

Temp n humidity record… (1 meter on scrog net)

10 pm readings with low / high readings from 10 am meter reset

Net meter @ 10 pm

20.4° 69% (At 20.4° humidity should be between 27.5% - 42.5%) 26.5% too high

From 10 am - 10 pm (Lowest - highest temp / humidity readings)

20° - 23° 55% - 69% (20° VPD low 27.5% - 23° VPD high 50%) net meter readings low 12.5% higher than limit (27.5% - 42.5%) high 19% higher than limit (37.5% - 50%)

Temp n humidity record… (1 meter on scrog net)

10 am readings with low / high readings from 10 pm meter reset

Net meter @ 10 am

26.2° 59% (At 26.2° humidity should be between 47.5% - 57.5%) at limit

From 10 pm - 10 am (Lowest - highest temp / humidity readings)

21.4° - 28.6° 52% - 70% (21.5° VPD low 32.5% - 28.6° VPD high 62.5%) net meter readings low 7% higher than limit (32.5% - 45%) high 7.5% higher than limit (52.5% - 62.5%)

Soooo…

Going by the VPD chart my humidity is too high

Have brought 4 de-humidifiers and will put them in tent one at a time and monitor humidity

https://groceries.asda.com/product/dehumidifiers-moisture-absorbers/asda-dehumidifiers/910002087323

As for the taco leaf problem…

As far as i can find out this is either a heat, light, humidity or calcium / magnesium deficiency

My temps are not too high as far as i can tell so i dont think its heat

My light is 20" above plant and is a 900w (418 actual watts) Viparspectra which ive worked out is giving me about 61 watts per square foot

Tent is 80 cm X 80 cm (in feet 2.6 X 2.6) width X length gives me a sq foot area of 6.76 418 (watts) divided by 6.76 gives me 61.8 (watts per square foot)

Maybe this is too high?!?

Obviously my humidity is way too high! Hopefully this is the cause of the problem and the de-humidifiers will sort this?!?

If not it may be a magnesium / calcium deficiency?!?

I am adding bloom boost to the feed which does contain magnesium oxide so dont think its this?!?

I have a bottle of magne-cal (calmag!) which apparently is fine to use with other pk boosters

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/magne-cal-/7/

so will add this to next feed and see if this helps?!?

Todays pics…

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Also found this leaf with purple on it?!?

Hopefully not something else to worry about!!

1 Like

question for everyone!

@dbrn32 @MattyBear @PurpNGold74 @Niala @Donaldj and anyone else who reads this!

Have just been reading up on the strain im growing, Incredible bulk

Its supposed to have a 7 - 8 week flowering time and i am now in the 7th week of flower with Saturday being the end of week 7 / Sunday being the start of week 8

So is there a chance that the taco leaves im getting is normal for a plants end of life or do they still indicate a problem (temp - humidity - nute deficiency - etc?!?)

Or seeing as the plant is nearly done (if 8 weeks of flowering really is long enough?!?) is it worth worrying about?!?

Just a thought…

And if it really is ready after 8 weeks would it now be time to stop feeding and flush her with just water until end of week 8 and then cut her down?!?

I have a usb microscope so will take some pics when the light comes back on tonight so you can all see exactly how shes looking!

Cheers for any comments!

PS Cant believe my plant is nearly ready!!! Thought it had a least another 2- 3 weeks left!!! Just a small bit excited!!!

7 weeks from flipping to 12/12 or 7 weeks from pistils? I would harvest based on condition of trichs more than anything else. With all the frost it’s hard to tell if there’s still a lot of white pistils or not. Not a bad thing at all lol.

I’ve never seen leaves taco just because they were at any specific place in a grow either. But I suppose it’s possible. Also, I wouldn’t worry too much about it either. Follow your schedule and keep environment as close to ideal as you can.

4 Likes

Hey @dbrn32 !

Its 7 weeks from switch to 12/12

So does that mean shes got a bit longer than 1 week left?!?

Im guessing she does!

And yeah shes very frosty! Something im not gona complain about!

Was hoping that taco leaves was a normal thing for this stage in the grow but if uve not heard of it im guessing its not

As said ive put a dehumidifier in the tent to try and fix the too high humidity so maybe this will fix the taco problem as going by Nialas VPD chart my humidity is too high

Also thinking of adding calmag to next feed unless u think its too much / not needed?!?

Feed is water (!) bloom feed, bloom boost and liquid silicon

Probably more like a couple of weeks. Watch for pistils to start receding and that will be pretty much your final bud swell. At that point, start checking your trichromes regularly. You’re looking for the majority of them to be cloudy without a butt load going amber. Once that happens you can harvest any time.

1 Like

ok cool A couple of weeks is what i was already planning on

So i take it its 7 - 8 weeks from pistils not from 12/12 switch

Looks like Ive learnt something!

4 Likes

Usually. Those times are estimates and can vary either way.

1 Like

DB has u covered solidly. Watch those pistils brown/orange then get ‘sucked’ in by the buds (really the buds swell) then its trich watch til u chop

2 Likes

Well hopefully ive solved the taco mystery…

Hav jus gone in the tent (In the attic in the dark!?!) to check the meter and got readings of 20° and 73%!

So its looking like its a VPD problem

(Another!) Dehumidifier added to shopping list!

(The FOUR Asda dehumidifiers ive put in the tent have done nothing as far as i can tell!?!)

3 Likes

Grow journal Fuckdate!!

Soooo…

Started off well

Opened tent to find humidity had dropped to its lowest level ever 31%!!

And the leaves didnt look as “tacoed” as usual!

Cool

After noticing most of the leaves had a very slight burn to the tips i thought i would put what ive learnt to good use and treat my plant accordingly!

So knowing this is a sign of nute burn i made up 8 litres of water with 4 ml liquid silicon and 4 ml calmag leaving out the bloom feed and bloom boost

Thought id add the silicon and calmag to hopefully help with the taco problem

After giving her 4 litres realised that i hadnt checked the pH!!!

Checked pH in remaining water and came out as 8.7!!!

So made up another 8 litres water only pH 6.1

Flushed this thru the plant and got run off of pH 6.7

So hopefully no harm has been done?!?

Will be slapping myself round the back of the head shortly!!

3 Likes

Lol, I’ve done exactly that myself more times than I care to admit. Don’t worry, you fixed it.

3 Likes

Hey @raustin!

Glad im not the only one who does stupid things!

Cant afford to do many more this late in the game!!

1 Like

Hey @dbrn32!

Hows u?

Have a question for u…

Have jus got a lux meter to play around with

Googled how to use it and the first result / site said that lux meters are no good for led lights

“This tutorial doesn’t work for LEDs. A lux meter is only effective at measuring light levels for MH, HPS, CFLs, T5s, and fluorescent lighting. Unfortunately, a lux meter is not a good tool for measuring light levels of LED grow lights when it comes to growing cannabis”

Has something to do with lux meters measuring visible light and favouring certain light (green I think) over others (red and blue)

So is this true and the lux meter is pretty much useless for led?!?

As I’ve been told ur the go to guy when it comes to LEDs by more than one person I thought ud b the one to ask!

1 Like

Technically, a lux meter isn’t great for any of the grow lights for that reason. It’s calibrated to give priority to green wavelengths because that’s what our eyes pick up the easiest. We consider that measuring the photometric energy. Unfortunately, plants don’t really give a rats ass about that. The plants convert radiometric energy for photosynthesis, which values all of the wavelengths within the par region about the same.

The issue here comes into blurple panels not emitting any or much green light at all. So it doesn’t really give you an accurate representation of how much energy is there. If you’re growing with white leds like a cob or a quantum board, it will give you just as accurate reading there as it would with hid. Which again isn’t great, but it’s something. Horticulture lighting group has a lux conversion on their website for their boards if that helps.

2 Likes

Hey @dbrn32

Thanx for the reply

So basically a lux meter is no good then

Should of asked this before i brought one!

Anyways im guessing that i should just go by the manufacturers PAR diagram to work out light intensity and light height / distance which is pretty much what im doing at the mo

Will still have a look at the Horticulture site

Never know i might learn something!

Thanks again!

1 Like