Well here grows it

To free up space I will be remove the carbon filter until I feel I need (if ever). The fan however will be kept on once they start to grow so I can keep air circulating.

After reading what you all had to say it doesn’t make sense to use it when it’s not needed (duh)

I will be mixing 2 cu ft. Of FFHF with 8qt of small perlite

2 Likes

Now the fun begins can’t wait to see this grow get going I’m using this rainy day in the northeast to make some edibles some gummy’s and Cana coconut oil

3 Likes

Welcome to the community and growing. Nice easy setup there. Good call on 200watt light over a 100. Will pay off. I also agree with the other folks on the photo. Make a mistake in veg…unlimited time to recover them. I use my 2x4 for clone/seed now but have done 3 decent plants or 2 big girls at a time in it. Patience now. Mother nature does things at her own pace.

3 Likes

Thank you! I am very much excited to getting em started

2 Likes

Nice set up and feeding plan. I would suggest hanging your exhaust fan above the light with your filter outside the tent :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

The AK47 and White Widow have sprouted little tails, bubblegum is taking its time

3 Likes

The AK47 can see light, I am a very proud papa so far

3 Likes

Humidifier was delivered today so I came home for lunch and noticed the AK47 has really taken off,

The white widow can just be seen at the surface but I am confident it will break the surface this evening.

So far I have just been lightly misting the area with room temp tap water ph to 6.5 and covering with a clear plastic cup. NOW! I have seen in a lot of other threads that I want to avoid getting the leaf’s wet so that the droplets don’t magnify the light. If this is the case would if be best to water before lights out? Or can they continue to be misted during light hours so long as you’re spraying the soil and not the plant directly? I’m probably over thinking this but thought I’d ask

3 Likes

Congrats on the birth of the girls
IMO soil is too wet let it dry out before watering again (5-7 days)
Make sure you have some vent holes in the clear cups, when you don’t see any moisture on the inside of the cups lightly spray the inside of the cups not on the plant
Over watering is the number one cause of failure at this stage
Don’t stress have fun we got your back :sunglasses:

2 Likes

AK47 and the WW are out and breathing air

4 Likes

Lights are 24” above the soil at 40% intensity per manufacturers recommendations

Temperature in tent between,
74° - 79° day
68° - 73° night

Humidity stays at around 68%

1 Like

Thank you, I put some vent holes in the plastic cups I’m using as domes and whenever the moisture is no longer visible on the cups I give them a mist while avoiding the plant itself.

I have some fans going inside the tent as well as a heater and humidifier to keep the climate within the limits of my previous post.

I guess now all there is now to do is wait till the soils dry and keep misting. When is removing the domes advised? They’re only 1-2 days old so I am sure now is early but I read the sooner you can get a light breeze on them to strengthen the stem the better, anyone have thoughts?

1 Like

I only dome clones until they get roots
From seed I don’t use a dome not needed IMO

1 Like

Thank you thank you!

1 Like

I wasn’t planning on adding any nutrients to the girls till weeks 4-5 at the earliest. However regarding Cal-Mag I am a little confused. I posted a picture of my cities water quality report and don’t see any signs of calcium or magnesium.

With my seedlings still being in the early stages of life I don’t know whether this will help them or hurt them.

My question is when do I want to start introducing calmag to the girls? After a week? 2weeks? And should it be a much smaller dose than what’s recommended?

I am using Botanicare CalMag

The girls are looking good, AK47 is pretty steady at 2” tall and the white widow is just over 1.5” and both of their leaves are a nice green and moving outward

They haven’t been watered since last night

1 Like

:eye::lips::eye:

Thoughts on the CalMag or am I just overthinking the water sitch? I’m in Michigan, not Flint. The tap water isn’t horrible, I ph to 6.5/6.7

@Mark0427 @spankyjr1

4 Likes

If I use tap I add a small amount like 15ml of API stress coat. I’m sure it adds ppms a touch but it don’t seem to harm my plants so far. I’ve used it quite a bit too lol. Sometimes the ro just not enough for the day so 15 to 20ml per 5gals takes the chlorine and chloramine out I believe it does both

2 Likes

I use Lake Michigan tap water also and let it sit out for a couple days before using (most of the time) since switching to Jacks 321 I have not used cal-mag and while mixing I use a couple air stones to mix and add some oxygen to the water but when I was using FF trio I would start using it at a low dose after about 3 weeks in soil at lowest rate on bottle
I don’t think it would hurt to add at a low dose
I would error on the side of less is better you don’t want to love them to death
My tap runs about 8.3 PH and 150 PPM

2 Likes

They’re looking great this morning, AK is 2-1/4” and WW 1.5”

Their leaves are getting bigger than the cotyledons and the light breeze from the fan seems to be strengthening their stems nicely…

The WW however as you can see has the seed still around it’s stem and while it doesn’t seem to be causing any issues I don’t know if this will cut or choke the seedling in the future

1 Like