Well here goes it

My tap is also 8.0 when I test it, I’m on the east side of the state…not sure if we pull water from Lake Huron, St. Clair or just the river but I know a lot of people around me who grow and have no problem with using tap water so long as they ph it

Would it be smarter to wait on CalMag until I notice deficiencies? Or give ‘em a small bit ever other watering starting after week 1-2 ?

1 Like

Happy Frog should have enough nutrients for the first 4 weeks so start adding lowest dose beginning of week 4 every other feed/water event
That’s what do

3 Likes

Bubblegum has finally made it through, I know I said I was originally going to plan 2 only but got a little too excited and welp :man_shrugging:t4: We are in it now!

Made the mistake of planting the AK and WW in big pots so I planted this one in a solo cup with holes cut out the side (thank you @Cap_Ron for showing me that)

While the bubblegum was extremely slow to germinate I’m hoping with a stronger root system prior to transplant it’ll catch up with the AK and WW who are only 3/4 days older.

1 Like

It’s taking everything in me as a new grower to not water either of these for at least another 2-3 days :sweat_smile: I see putting the seeds straight into the big pots as a good learning experience however for judging a dry vs saturated pot (especially for seedlings) although the next grow will 100% be started in solo cups

They don’t seem to be stretching at all and are starting to grow outward, next week I will raise the light an inch or 2 so they can stretch a little further, I figure with the 6” fan lightly blowing on them their stems will be stronger and I’ll be able to stretch em another inch or so…is that sound logic or did I smoke too much?

2 Likes

I feel like every day I’m making some minor adjustment to the tent to enhance the conditions. After reading through much of @Hellraiser GG grow journal I got a 2nd 6” fan and set it a little higher than my other but still able to give the seedling a good vibration while eliminating all stagnate air below the light

With a humidifier and elevated heater hooked up to an ITC-608T I am successful in keeping my humidity at a happy 63% - 68% with temps at 73°-78°. Just before their 6 hour shooshoonahnah sleepy time I have the humidity and temperature decrease by 7-10% and 7-10°.

With their next watering still being many days away they don’t seem to be showing any signs or thirst in fact every time I open the tent they seem to really be loving life right now. The AK especially has really taken off and I am excited for the weeks to come as I think I will attempt to LST/Top my plants

Been reading a lot and like @PurpNGold74 said learn learn learn :joy::joy:

4 Likes

… implement, then learn somemore! Haha never stop bro. @Hellraiser is the brain to emulate tho. That guys good.

5 Likes

Gave the girls a good misting (ph 6.5) that should hold ‘em over for the next week or so.

Almost a week old and I’d say they’re loving life so far

5 Likes

Just a tip not being smart ass put a solo cup over the plant and moisten the soil around the cup instead of at the base of the plant then remove the cup so the roots have to reach out to get water
If there’s always water around the plant roots the roots won’t stretch as much or as fast then having to reach IMO

3 Likes

I didn’t even think of that, and without being told or seeing it I never would’ve known :man_shrugging:t4: So thank you, I’m just happy they’ve survived this far
@spankyjr1

2 Likes

AK47 is entering its second week of life. It’s second set of leaves has nearly doubled in size since yesterday

6 Likes

Bubblegum has been slow and I feel like constantly misting the dome is keeping the soil too wet but she’s starting to grow more so :man_shrugging:t4: Ima let it go for a few days (keep misting dome tho)

3 Likes

WW is entering her 2nd week of life and she’s doing great, her stem is strengthening up nicely from the fans, a few more weeks and I’ll hopefully be able to start training

5 Likes

Lastly, the AK is shooting up and out, another week or so and I’ll be raising the lights another few inches to get some more stretch out of em

No water for another 4-5 days, going to lower the humidity starting next week to the 60%-65% range

3 Likes

I think you could loose the dome I only dome clones while they grow roots never needed them from seed IMO

2 Likes

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Just noticed their leaf tips are starting to droop a bit, could this be a sign that they’re thirsty? Last watering was Monday (11/21)

@spankyjr1 thoughts?

2 Likes

Upon looking at them further I don’t think it is too much of an issue but I will continue to monitor them.

The leaves have gotten noticeably bigger and I am chalking it up to the plant growing.

I will hold off on watering for another few days

3 Likes

I would hold off watering don’t see much droop

2 Likes

Yeah i realized that after the old google, thank you!

So another question I have is, do I want to be encouraging some stretch out of these?

They’re growing healthy and their stems have stiffened up thanks to the fans. I know they’ll shoot up come flower so I don’t want them to stretch too tall off the start. Right now they sit at 2”-3” each and like I said growing out healthy. Because they’re growing healthy I am not too concerned however I will want to start training in the up coming weeks and this has me questioning if it’s smart to get them up a litte further

1 Like

How far away is your light from the top of plants?
Is it dimmable if so what % are you at?
I would leave it for another week and reevaluate

1 Like