Welcome to the Grow Support category

4 Likes

Looks happy and healthy :blush:congrats

1 Like

Uploading: 199C9796-963E-4E83-BC7C-D6B6885190B9.jpeg…

Hello. First time grower and poster. I’m growing one of my five auto White Widow seeds from ILGM. I’m using Fox Farm soil and trio nutes. Growing outdoor in 3 gallon bag and bringing her in at night. She’s almost 6 weeks old and just starting to show pistils on a few main colas.

I’m starting to worry about the size of my bag and if it will cause her to get root bound. No signs of it now but I’m worried about it happening deeper into flowering. Is transplant necessary or possible this late in the game? I was thinking of adding a couple additional inches of soil to the top to promote new root growth or just more space.

Any advice and insights would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Probably not. What is make/model of the light?

You should be fine. Roots will grow throu the fabric pot and airprune or grow into dirt umder pot.

2 Likes

@MarkM Welcome to The Club!! If your autos are already starting to show pistols the flower game has begun. I wouldn’t think after this point they’ll be wasting much time or energy into further development of the root structure, her main focus now is to build beautiful bud sites that she can hopefully use to entice the local insects to in order for them to bring her pollen WHICH YOU CERTAINLY MUST DENY LOL!! See to their needs and they’ll see to yours!! Good luck!!

3 Likes

GL germinated 4/3/22. Lots of height and branches but no indication of flowering. White widow and super skunk same time frame has thick colas. Does the plant need a longer maturing time frame?

4 Likes

@Bn Welcome to The Growers Choice lol!! Both your strains autos? Being that their different strains they’ll match on at their own individual pace. Be patient. She’ll get there soon enough, looking good!! :+1:t2::+1:t2::sunglasses:

My plants are on about day 60 blue dream auflower. Been hot on ole plastic tent. First time frowing using good medium fabric pots 5 gallon. 80 % pro mix 10% perlite 10% coco coyer. Are my plants hermies? I think im just tripping but i need help. They had serious heat stress water has not been phed raw dog with big bud cap full in hallon water every 3 days of so . When they need i need some tips.

4 Likes

Depends on light cycle where you’re at. For most continental US outdoor photoperiod plants won’t start flowering until later in the summer.

1 Like

I don’t see any pollen sacks yet. What you have pictured looks to have pistils coming out, which means female parts.

3 Likes

No. Feminized only

@Willgreene45 Welcome to The Class!! Your plants are showing pistols and calyxes both of which are female indicators. Your good, keep growing forward!!
:sunglasses::green_heart::+1:t2::grin:

3 Likes

@Bn like @dbrn32 stated if your growing photo cannabis and your in a region that is experiencing summer (N.Amer) currently you won’t see pistols forming until late summer. I get preflower in Aug and full on stacking through Sept & Oct. my question is why are your other 2 photo plants showing flower colas already? Did they experience a light change? Were they indoors and you brought them out? I think I have more questions then answers. Post some pics and a little more about your grows.

1 Like

Welcome to the party :partying_face: your also going to have bracts, not to be confused with sacks lol. Looking good!

2 Likes

Hi I’m a new grower & I’m on my 2nd run. I’m doing ILGM’s Northern Lights Autos outdoors. I have an issue & im confused about my ppm runoff. I did a ppm runoff check yesterday & the ppm read 3200. I did a slurry test today on the soil ( Ocean Forest) 2 plants read 330 & the other 2 read 170. Why is this happening & how do I fix this? These plants were only fed twice. I used tiger bloom & big bloom. 1/4 the 1st feed & 1/2 the 2nd feed with Ph water in between.

That’s a pretty high number. How old are the plants and how long have they been in this soil? I’m unsure of the slurry but you probably should flush the soil to bring those numbers down before feeding again. Are your plants showing any issues? What led you to start investigating? Any info you can provide will help the Members assist you in your recovery efforts.

Side note: Welcome to the Class!!

2 Likes

The plants are not showing any issues & my 1st grow I didn’t do ppm tests at all & as a result one of my plants burned pretty bad but other 2 didn’t. I decided to start testing the ppm because of that experience & that’s why I started to investigate. These autos are in pre- flower & are growing outdoors. They’ve been outside for about 29 of the 39 days. Will flushing stress them out at this stage ( pre-flower). I live in Chicago if that makes a difference.

1 Like

There’s this :point_up_2:

Followed by this :point_up_2:

So your saying that now your on your 2nd grow and are just being careful about avoiding another burn up. That’s excellent but

Probably should have done your ppm runoff prior to feeding because the soil is preloaded with nutrients and then your stacking on top of that.

So what is your ‘now’ issue? Are they showing a toxicity? A flush is just to reset the soil and give you control. It shouldn’t shock them anymore than if they were outdoors and MomNature gave them a few days of heavy downpour. Rain happens and plants move on.

Does that make sense or help in any way?

4 Likes

Currently got 3 white widow autos in the tent,and also have 4 apple Hitchcock and a french macaron feminized. Was wondering when they break ground do they have to be on 18/6 from the start or can I do 24/0 Like my autos untill they get a little strength.

2 Likes