Welcome to the Grow Support category

@Frankholliday if your an ILGM customer look at your email receipt, they’ll have a customer service contact on there.

1 Like

My strawberry kush seedling is 1 week old. Tomorrow it’s going to be 100°F.
Should I bring it indoors this week? It’s supposed to be 95° all week.

1 Like

That or put it in partial shade in the evening when it’s at it’s hottest temps… just my opinion… best of luck

2 Likes

@GrowKush I like the idea of sheltering a weAkling also. The heat of the day directly on it may fry her good. Seedlings are very fragile at this age, treat her like a delicate thing. Morning & late afternoon would get her moving along. Good luck and welcome to all the support you’ll ever need!!! :+1:t2::green_heart:

2 Likes

Please consider using neem if your going to bring your girls outside, only in the veg stage! Good luck :+1:

1 Like

This is my first grow ever and I’m not sure things are going as planned…I’m right at week ten with my gelato autoflowers. I started with three seeds and decided to try an outdoor grow. I started noticing immediately that two of the three plants were growing way taller and branched off way more. The two taller ones are pushing 7 feet at this point! There’s a ton of small buds in the branches that I have no idea if they will fill out or if it’s normal to harvest small buds. They just don’t look like any of the plants I’ve seen and it’s especially weird that they’re all the same seeds. Just wondering if the way this plant looks is normal and if so is taking well over the ten weeks to harvest normal? Or have I gone wrong somewhere and should cut my losses? The first pic is what I am referring to as the normal one. Thank you in advance!!

6 Likes

Being on covered area like that keeps plants from getting a lot of the light they would out in the open. Lower than optimal light intensity can cause them get tall relatively quickly as the plants feel they need to reach for more light. I’m not certain of your physical location, but if close to equator and these plants are old enough, it’s reasonable to see them flowering now.

In order to get the most from your plants try to get the light intensity increased to them.

4 Likes

@Frankholliday @kmartjerry if you need customer service use “contact us” button on seed shop page.

3 Likes

:flushed: 7’ tall autoflowers is impressive! Some intense light right now and I would love to see how these turn out! :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Water only at 6.5 with these 2 mediums for 5-6 weeks. Check your run off around week for to check the PPMs. I maintain 1000 in flower :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

They just started sprouting! It’s been more then 72 hrs

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! I actually did have a grow light above them up until about 10 days ago when they out grew it! Since the two tall ones are almost to the ceiling they were getting too close to the light so I took it down. But I was leaving it on all night and letting them get natural light during the day. I’m in south Florida and they get pretty intense light there in the afternoon since I’m facing northwest. I guess I just don’t get why the one looks like a standard auto. I read somewhere that there can be visual differences between sativa/indica dominant plants. Maybe that could be it? Do you think the smaller buds on the branches will eventually fill out? I might try LST on my next plant to try and control this. Has anyone had any luck with that on autos?

Here are some updates and hopefully clearer photos from this am.

4 Likes

Some really tall healthy plants… here’s a pic of my non topped auto using LST…

4 Likes

@Sophloaf what are the chances of taking those plants outside and letting them get some direct sunlight on them? They look like the could use it. Might help thicken them up a bit leaf wise.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

That plant is stretching to find light. Cannabis is a light whore. It will use almost whatever you can throw at it. At the very least allow diffused light in. A roof is not a friend of plants that thrive on direct light.

Nevertheless, cannabis does very well in diffuse light like a greenhouse covered in high quality covering.

8 Likes

Plants sativa or indica don’t normally have large gaps in node spacing like yours do. Outdoor plants maybe a little more than is normal with proper indoor lighting, but not like this. Probably just a matter of not getting as much light as you feel they are. A high abundance of red light will do this too. Plant basically treats the same as felling shaded.

The short answer is yes sativa typically a little more stretchy than indaca, but i don’t think that’s why your plants are so tall and have the internodal elongation you see.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the feedback! Until they grew too tall for it recently, I did have them under a full spectrum 600 watt led light (or so the packaging claimed). Do you think that’s sufficient? I kept it on pretty much all night 8pm-8am and it would get full afternoon sun from about 3pm-7pm, so prob about 16-17 hours a day total. Is there a light you recommend? Maybe I needed another light to cover the area and I kept the plants too close together in order to be under it.

@Sophloaf back at the beginning of the grow when the plants were just starting out how much distance did you have the light from the canopy? You can probably get much tighter node spacing if you bring that thing down to its closet spec allowance. Make her not work so hard to stretch up to it I’d guess.

3 Likes