Welcome to the Grow Support category

Urgent Need Help!!!

Just took a closer look at that bud I chopped off the top and saw some white fuzz wanted to confirm and get opinions on what to do.

2 Likes

That’s mold my brother

3 Likes

I wish I could disagree with @anon1893985 but he’s right that is what is referred to as bud rot it can and will spread about the only way to deal with it is to cut it all out carefully. Here’s an article on what to do

4 Likes

That’s mold. I am unsure of a good path forward.

2 Likes

@Corndaddie trim all the contaminated areas off and dispose of them. It doesn’t mean your entire harvest is bad, hopefully. Do you believe the mold started during your dry or grow? What is your dry rooms rh? Any air flow in there?

1 Like

I’m thinking it started during flower, that might be part of what caused my discoloration in the leaves. This top bud was plump and the mold started deep in there, only reason I saw it was because I started to pull the bud apart. My dry room has been controlled 62-70 degrees and 40-60 RH. My grow tent is also located in the same room staying 67-78 degrees with not much more humidity. I had a heat spike and humidity early in flower on this plant ^^^ way up there. That was before I purchased an AC unit.

So I trimmed this bud down it’s left me with not much but it’s some. I’m gonna get some pics of the rest of the plant, and my other plant which is a few weeks behind. Should I wash my buds after I chop before drying in peroxide then water? Just to be a little extra safe?

This lower bud had discoloration looked into it and there is the mold. Didn’t see it on any other buds at this time.

Processing: image.jpg…
Some yellowing in this back plant is making me nervous now… but no visible bud rot at this time. I pulled the top bud apart to be safe and didn’t see anything. Any suggestions would be great.

2 Likes

Make sure you have good airflow, and what is your humidity?

3 Likes

I have 3 out of five seeds that have not sprouted! Help!
Thanks ,
Kim

1 Like

@Newt @Fieldofdreams
Exhaust fan kicks on periodically throughout the day in side the tent (vented outside), I have one lower fan in my tent and two fans from the roof of my tent. The ac unit blows air around the room not directly onto my drying bud though

Here’s some close ups of the plant I harvested the top bud from which had rot. Found another lower bud with rot it was all dried out and sugar leaves were all dried up. The rest of the buds look to be okay right now, do you think I should go ahead and harvest the rest of this plant?

1 Like

@kmartjerry High and welcome to the Club Canna!! What is the method you used to germinate your seeds? Post some pics of your method. The more info you provide the Group the better all can assist you through your grow stages!! :+1:t2::green_heart:

5 Likes

@Corndaddie Its definitely your call but with this plant already being overtaken by mold and mold spreads it might be a good idea to call it a day and harvest her. I dealt with a bit of this outside last year and I removed the infected bud sites and luckily got through my final few weeks in Oct where the weather was wet n cold.

3 Likes

I’m thinking I’d rather be safe than sorry on harvesting now, it’s got decent clouding I think but I also think it was just isolated to the two buds at this time?! Is the risk worth the reward I’m thinking no might be the answer

1 Like

At a minimum, I’d cut out what mold I could find, then do a 3 stage bud wash (google it) to kill any remaining spores.

EDIT: Didn’t realize there was a guide on ILGM:

5 Likes

Hell yeah! I cut out the mold from the two effected buds, and was left with a little bit but we take what we can! I’m going to run to the store and get what I need to do a three stage wash, thanks for finding this for me. I’m going to chop this plant wash it and start drying her down. Hopefully we keep it off of my other plant that’s running slower. Always appreciate the help from you all!

2 Likes

Only on seed sprouted after on week in water.what do I do?

1 Like

It’s normally takes 48hrs to pop open so a week is crazy long… how long is the tail coming from the seed

2 Likes

@Frankholliday Hey welcome to the Forum!! Are you soaking them in a cup in the dark in a warm environment? Some use a bit of Peroxide in the water and or lightly scratch the seeds surface. Another popular method is in a flat wet paper towel in a ziplock baggie also.

Worse case reach out to your seed banks customer service dept!!

1 Like

Yes soaking in water now 2nd time in paper towel.how do I get I touch with customer service

Go to the site where you bought your seeds from and find the support category…

2 Likes