Welcome to the Grow Support category

@PurpNGold74
7weeks since pistils and we are using 1000 watts led lights is that good and shall we usa high potassium nutrients?

I can’t figure out how to make my own post I can only reply to others. I need help with what potting soil I should use for an outdoor grow in hot dry weather.

I was hoping for some help. First time grower here. My friend gave me a couple baby plants. I think it’s to early to identify if they are males or not but regardless they don’t look healthy to me. See pictures below… What do these plants need and or should I just throw them out because they are a danger to my other plants?

1 Like

@chaseweb hit the ILGM logo top left and then look for Nee Topic and your good to go.

2 Likes

@Tbusch Welcome!! Gods no don’t throw them out!! The bottom leaves have served their initial purpose and are just dying off. They are very lime green showing their probably hungry (N) although your soil looks dark and full of nutes. What have you done with them so far?

3 Likes

Thank you!
I just got them yesterday. I’ll give them a little love and new soil. I have no idea what he used.

3 Likes

I don’t really know how to use the forum yet so bare with me here. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there will be any more development with my flowering. It’s my first grow and we had a lot of challenges to overcome throughout but now we are somewhere near the end of flowering and things look good, crystalline and green. I just seem to have very small buds or that the calyxes are like not opening up…? I’m wondering if it’s just still mid process of flowering or if they’ve reached harvest and at this point will just degrade. I’m getting new white pistils but also some minor orange/browning on tips of sugar leafs. Fan leafs have been turning yellow and brown and dying off occasionally, I figure that is part of the flowering process consuming nutrients stored in the leafs. Can anyone tell me if these buds look on track? Thank you

there are also lots of drooping stems on the bottom trying to form buds.

2 Likes

… this is blue dream autoflower. I’m also concerned about mold/mildew, as the trichomes are very milky and all over… it’s my first time so maybe I’m just looking at a lot of mold?

I dont see any mold

2 Likes

Great! So it’s just healthy trichome development. Now I’m just hoping they will get a bit fuller. Some pistols are already amber so I’m wondering how long I can wait while a bigger flower develops.

1 Like

Looks like you got more that 2 weeks left. 7 weeks since 1st sign of pistils. Ive yet to have a plant flower for under 12 weeks counting preflower, not counting the time it was in veg. That 1000w light is most likely 100-120 actual watts. It should say what the actual wattage draw is on it somewhere, on a lable with voltage and such. You can barely flower one plant with 120w What brand of light is it, did you get it from amazon.

1 Like

@Kei You want nearly all those pistils to turn brown and recede back into the calyx’s then start checking trichomes for cloudy to amber. You still have some time to go yet.

Thank you for the help. The light is by Parfact Works, LED 115w

1 Like

I started 3 plants thinking it would be best to have a larger group in case something went wrong with one or another, I’d still have a back up since it’s my first. But all three turned out to grow successfully. I fimmed one, topped another, and didn’t cut the third. This is my second light, I actually had a basically useless light for seedling and some of veg which I think led to weaker stems on the bottom and some veg stretching.

1 Like

I was replying to @Diezel89 with his 1000w led light and 7 weeks since seeing pistils 14 weeks from seed.
@Kei I think 115w is still not enough for barely 1 plant. Im no expert on lighting as I only use them for 6 weeks before I transplant outside. I use a 120w light that no way could it flower more than 1 plant, if that. There are lot of growers here with better knowledge and experience with lights than myself. HLG lights are what everyone’s talking about these days. Better diodes and they rate there lights by the true wattage not some random number that means nothing that’s just a sales gimic like most of the lights sold on amazon.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice bro i also doubted the light for so long but wasnt sure but in general do they look healthy to you i just wonder why are they so small

1 Like

I bought them from a local store they cost me alot actually
But is it too late to add lights?

@Diezel89 Its never to late to upgrade. You would just gradually increase your new lights intensity to acclimate your plants to their new source of POWER lol. @dbrn32 is our resident stud lighting expert & a boss azz moderator, maybe he can help guide you? I warn you it’s all very techy lol. :bulb::bulb:

3 Likes

7 weeks since pistils, you may have 3+ more to go. Yea a more potassium and phosphorus may help. Emphasis on the may. I need more insight on ur whole grow op to be certain.

You may want to start a new thread. This one tends to clutter

2 Likes

New members are on a ‘probation’ of sorts. Keeps out unwanted spammers and bots. Welcome to ILGM btw…

2 Likes