Welcome to the Grow Support category

This is my first grow and I just finished week four with white widow photos in fox farm. Is it time to fim or top? What do you recommend? The last pic is the seed that grew two stalks.

6 Likes

First off, nice white widows. Next, it depends what you would like. If you want multi top or more control and just a few. My first time i would do both. Top one and fim one and let one go and try some lst.

1 Like

@Riverlife. Just play it safe. But what fun is that. Right? Haha. Have fun with them. There not really that delicate, but be gentle.

3 Likes

Nice plants man! I usually wait until the 6th node pops up to top. Then I LST the side branches , then supercrop the main. Here’s some before and after pics. The wire I used to tie down the side branches was some basic utility wire you can get at a local hardware store or lowes/depot.

7 Likes

Just noticed you’re on week 4. Today is day 28 since sprout for mine as well. Lol

Thank you! Your plants look great! I’ve been afraid I’m going to damage them but know that they seem to be resilient. I’ll experiment with lst and topping/dimming. Maybe try something different on each one?

2 Likes

Nice and healthy looking ladies. The good thing is their photo period, so they’ll have time to recover and give you plenty of time for LST :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Was told this Strawberries and Cream strain is a 45 day flower. What do you all think
received_2028949153954035

6 Likes

@Roguegrowerjon now that’s a frosty treat you got there! I don’t see any amber trichs in you scope pic but it’s certainly growers choice type close Jon.

1 Like

Thanks dude. It’s looking about done. Might push it a little longer :rofl::+1:

@Roguegrowerjon have you seen any of the charts floating about in here that show the stages of trich ripening and the effects received at each stage? They are very helpful. I can track one down if you haven’t.

I know about trichome ripeness. I was just wanting opinions on this strain. I’m blown away it’s looking this done at 45 days.

1 Like

No idea on particulars of this lineage, but looks delicious. I would probably let this go looking for a little more amber, but you can probably take it whenever you’re ready.

2 Likes

Hi am a first time grower am two weeks away from harvest and the buds are extremely small i will attach some pics

5 Likes

They look as tho the lights were a bit… lacking.

Pistils nice and amber. Do you have a loupe/scope to check trichs?

1 Like

Yes but trichs still not so developed do u want pictures if the setup?

Also are they ready to harvest within too weeks am a bit confused

What do you mean by not developed? Actually not there? Or not showing cloudy/amber signs of ripeness?

Where do you get 2 weeks til harvest? If it’s from the suggested seed to flower time, toss that out the window. Ive yet to grow a plant from seed to harvest in 8-10 weeks. Thats more like flowering time.

To answer, you will only be able to judge/estimate a harvest window from evaluating trichomes.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your advice and yes i meant trichomes still not cloudy or amber and just was worried cuz am in week 14 and i feel thats not likely but the main issue there the small buds i feel thats going to be about 10 grams per plant am i right?
btw its really nice learning from you guys

1 Like

No problem at all. My pleasure.

Week 14 from seed. How long since the light flip to 12/12 or first sign of ‘crowns’ of pistils?

Also what kind of light are you running? They seem pretty lanky, IE need more light

3 Likes